Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,994
» Latest member: weichun
» Forum threads: 1,584
» Forum posts: 6,509

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 232 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 227 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Is it time to update Vent...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Epictetus
Yesterday, 12:36 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 750
Ventoy 1.0.99 is the fina...
Last Post: Rootman
Yesterday, 11:01 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 417
WindowsPE - load necessar...
Last Post: Nierewa
09-16-2024, 10:41 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 8,847
"shim_lock protocol not f...
Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum
Last Post: AzJazz
09-13-2024, 08:19 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 154
iventoy安装debian12.6花屏
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Tazimi
09-13-2024, 07:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 120
Installing SSL Certificat...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: pleasehelp
09-10-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 147
Ventoy enroll key manager...
Last Post: asheroto
09-10-2024, 10:46 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6,274
ventoy可以引导我的系统,如何设置开机默认启动...
Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum
Last Post: sevk
09-10-2024, 07:52 AM
» Views: 148
Something has gone seriou...
Last Post: bigcid10
09-09-2024, 01:33 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 2,200
pfSense boots but fails t...
Last Post: rappelkiste
09-09-2024, 07:05 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 16,607

[BUG] Update deletes extra Partitions...
Posted by: vishalvodro - 07-13-2020, 12:59 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

1. Installed Ventoy to USB HDD.
2. Made several FAT32 Partitions afterwards.
3. Run Ventoy again.
4. Click on Update.
5. Ventoy re-uploaded into USB but those extra Partitions are gone/Deleted including 32MB FAT Partition.
6. Only Ventoy exFAT Partition is left in the USB.

Please Fix.

Print this item

Ventoy Legacy mode?
Posted by: IceCreamMan1776 - 07-12-2020, 09:22 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Hello, I created a NTFS USB Drive with the partition style as mbr and UEFI without secure boot. I am trying to boot an older laptop that only has Legacy boot. My USB boots to the ventoy splash screen. If I try to boot ANY iso/wim file. It goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor at the top left corner. It's almost like it does not support legacy boot. The computer had windows vista and I upgraded to Windows 7. I tested it on my laptop tjhat I am using now. It does work with legacy mode. Could someone please help me out?

Thanks

Print this item

Multifunction USB SSD (USB Swiss Army Knife)
Posted by: CsIxy - 07-12-2020, 12:59 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

@page { size: 21cm 29.7cm; margin: 2cm } p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 115%; background: transparent }
Hello Everyone!
I apologize for my poor knowledge of English, my text would probably be a little more clearer in Hungarian.
I have long wanted to create a tool that can act as a storage medium and boot many iso installers, and it also has an installed Linux system. So there is no need to use installer iso + persistence. In addition, the installed linux system can be updated. I think with the help of ventoy-1.0.15 this is almost entirely feasible.

I did the following.
I have a Sony 111 gigabit USB SSD.
I installed the new version with the instruction "sudo sh Ventoy2Disk.sh -i -r 32768 -g / dev / sdb". I then made a copy of the EFI partition VTOYEFI / EFI / BOOT / BOOTX64.EFI file.
Then I formatted the dev / sdb3 reserved partition into an ext4 partition using Gparted.

Now I have installed a linux system in UEFI mode using linuxmint-20-xfce-64bit.iso. Dev / sdb3 was mounted as / and dev / sdb2 was mounted as / boot / efi. The installer has repeatedly warned that this will not be good! In the meantime, I had to remove the boot, efi flag from the original efi partition on my computer to proceed with the installation. He finally succeeded and did it. Now Legacyy mode can be used to boot ventoy and UEFI mode to boot installed linux as a system. Because of this, I deleted the contents of the VTOYEFI / EFI / BOOT / folder and rewrote the previously saved ventoy BOOTX64.EFI file into it.

In the end, ventoy can be booted in Legacy mode, and installed Linux can be booted in UEFI mode (because it can boot from the EFI / ubuntu folder). By selecting “boot from efi file” from the “BIOS”, starting the VTOYEFI / EFI / BOOT / BOOTX64.EFI file, the ventoy starts in UEFI mode. Smile

So far, I'm very happy about that.

I even copy the i386-pc folder from the usr / lib / grub folder to the boot / grub folder on the installed system with its contents. If I boot this system with a grub from another Legacy linux system, I will plug in a small flash drive and install the grub in the auxiliary flash drive (for example sudo grub-install dev / sdX), then update-grub or grub-mkconfig -o and the system Legacy mode can then be booted using the auxiliary flash drive.

I know it was pretty DIY like that, but maybe I gave you a tiny idea for the “how to proceed” aspect.

Thank you for your patience! … Best Regards … CsI Smile

Print this item

[Tested] Mageia-8-alpha1-Live-Plasma-x86_64
Posted by: dickw - 07-11-2020, 07:37 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

I tested live linux Mageia-8-alpha1-Live-Plasma-x86_64 with ventoy-1.0.15.
ISO: Mageia-8-alpha1-Live-Plasma-x86_64.iso
Download: download
Download Classic installator and Net CD installation: download
Boot:
- Legacy
- UEFI (Secure Boot disabled)
Platforms test:
- processor: Intel i5-5200U (Broadwell) laptop: Lenovo Z51-70

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

[Tested] SparkyLinux 5.12 „Nibiru” x86_64
Posted by: dickw - 07-11-2020, 07:33 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

I tested live SparkyLinux 5 „Nibiru” Xfce (based on Debian 10 „Buster”) with ventoy-1.0.15.
ISO: sparkylinux-5.12-x86_64-xfce.iso
Other version SparkyLinux: download
Boot:
- Legacy
Platforms test:

Print this item

[Tested] Linux Neptune 6.5 „Jet” Plasma5-20200707
Posted by: dickw - 07-11-2020, 07:31 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

I tested live Linux Neptune 6.5 „Jet” Plasma5-20200707 with ventoy-10/15.
ISO:  Neptune65-Plasma5-20200707.iso
Boot:
- Legacy
Platforms test:

Print this item

Forum language
Posted by: Van Flusen - 07-11-2020, 01:34 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (6)

It would be very nice if the general forum language was English.

Print this item

Haiku OS iso boot problem
Posted by: Zarnal - 07-11-2020, 08:38 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

Hello,

I noticed a problem with the live cd ISO of the Haiku operating system.

Official site:

https://www.haiku-os.org/about/

Haiku 32bits :

https://s3.wasabisys.com/haiku-release/r...nyboot.zip

Haiku 64 bits :

https://s3.wasabisys.com/haiku-release/r...nyboot.zip

It refuses to boot on my DELL D630 and also on a virtual machine ( i have only tested in Legacy mode because I do not currently have UEFI).

Thank you for your attention.

Print this item

Lightbulb Some suggestions
Posted by: renatofrota - 07-11-2020, 07:11 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (6)

First of all, Ventoy is awesome!  Heart

Congratulations for the project and a big THANK YOU for publishing it for free under GPL license. Big Grin

Suggestions:

1. The option to reserve a space for additional partitions could be more proeminent in the installer. As per my understanding, reserving a space in a form the 1st partition stays under 137 GB prevents that legacy BIOS access range limitation problem (what is not mentioned in that documentation page). Maybe instead an "Option" menu, all the settings could be visible in the main area of the app, bellow the boxes that show package/device Ventoy version.

2. It would be great if the files we have to put under ventoy directory in 1st partition (like ventoy.json and ventoy_wimboot.img) could be located under ventoy (or other) directory in 2nd partition instead. This way the 1st partition would be totally free of Ventoy data (allowing easier formatting to a different filesystem with no need to back up and restore the ventoy directory). Big plus if scripts and persistence files could also be located in 2nd partition (the installer could offer an option to select desired size of 2nd partition to easier accomodate the persistence files or we could manually resize 2nd partition after install).

3. I was unable to center align the hotkey tips hbox and memdisk hbox in grub theme. I was able to achieve the result I wanted using regular labels instead:

Code:
+ label {
  top = 92%
  left = 25%
  width = 50%
  align = "center"
  text = "@VTOY_MEM_DISK@"
  color = "white"
}

+ label {
  top = 95%
  left = 25%
  width = 50%
  align = "center"
  text = "@VTOY_HOTKEY_TIP@"
  color = "white"
}

It would be cool if ventoy_width and ventoy_align were available options in ventoy.json and it were displayed as a regular label (in case it is not yet) so center align would work.

4. I have been playing with Chrome OS (Brunch Framework, to be more precise) and one of their install options is to create a disk image (.img) in a ext4 or ntfs partition and boot from it by adding to grub an entry like this:

Code:
menuentry "Chrome OS"{
        img_part=/dev/sdb3
        img_path=/chromeos.img
        search --no-floppy --set=root --file $img_path
        loopback loop $img_path
        linux (loop,gpt7)/kernel boot=local noresume noswap loglevel=7 disablevmx=off \
            cros_secure cros_debug loop.max_part=16 img_part=$img_part img_path=$img_path
        initrd (loop,gpt7)/initramfs.img
}

I have added it to the grub install I already have on another disk and it worked fine but it would be cool if Ventoy allowed custom entries like this to be added to it's own grub manually, so we could boot Chrome OS (and other images similarly) with no need to have grub in another disk.

That's all - for now Tongue

Print this item

通过rEFInd启动Ventoy优盘,再启动微PE时,无法启动
Posted by: luqf871024 - 07-11-2020, 04:41 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

在系统的ESP分区复制了refind文件夹,安装了refind启动系统,插上Ventoy优盘,通过rEFInd的自动查找找到了可启动的Ventoy优盘,通过refind启动界面进入Ventoy优盘启动界面,再启动微PE(x64版)时,微PE无法启动,会回到Ventoy优盘启动界面。而通过bios直接启动Ventoy优盘时,微PE就可以启动。在1.0.14和1.0.15版都是如此,1.0.15版的gpt分区模式和mbr分区模式也都是如此。refind版本为最新的0.12.0版,refind文件夹为其解压所得。
如何才能通过refind启动界面进入Ventoy优盘启动界面后,启动微PE?
望各位帮忙!多谢!

Print this item