Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,978
» Latest member: aksimkqax
» Forum threads: 1,583
» Forum posts: 6,503

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 138 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 133 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Is it time to update Vent...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Epictetus
Today, 03:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 416
"shim_lock protocol not f...
Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum
Last Post: AzJazz
Yesterday, 08:19 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64
iventoy安装debian12.6花屏
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Tazimi
Yesterday, 07:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 44
Installing SSL Certificat...
Last Post: pleasehelp
09-10-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 110
Ventoy enroll key manager...
Last Post: asheroto
09-10-2024, 10:46 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 5,958
ventoy可以引导我的系统,如何设置开机默认启动...
Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum
Last Post: sevk
09-10-2024, 07:52 AM
» Views: 119
Something has gone seriou...
Last Post: bigcid10
09-09-2024, 01:33 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 2,004
pfSense boots but fails t...
Last Post: rappelkiste
09-09-2024, 07:05 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 16,432
iventoy-1.0.20添加win无人值守文件...
Last Post: 和小尚
09-05-2024, 09:25 AM
» Views: 214
Iventoy crashes if Window...
Last Post: tommesch
08-30-2024, 02:42 PM
» Views: 242

EFI files appearing on menu
Posted by: bbertrand007 - 07-10-2020, 07:47 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

I have in Ventoy partition created a subfolder "ventoy" and in it "ventoy.json".  In this file I have:

{
    "theme": {
        "display_mode": "CLI"
    }
}
{
    "control": [
         { "VTOY_DEFAULT_SEARCH_ROOT": "/BootableISOs" }
    ]
}

I got the CLI working.  My UFD has a lot of .EFI files but they are not in the BootableISOs folder so they should not appear in the menu - only ISO/EFI files in the ufdI\BootableISOs should appear correct?

V1.0.15.

Print this item

Theme Random Background Image
Posted by: vishalvodro - 07-10-2020, 06:27 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

Any way to automatically/manually Randomly change the Background Image while booting every time or each time visiting the directories while in Tree View.

Like, if I enter ISO directory then the Background image will shuffle/change and so as with WIM directory...

Just a though if possible. No insist...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

ventoy-1.0.15 not updating
Posted by: awengers44 - 07-09-2020, 10:37 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (9)

Why not updating.. master

Print this item

[Tested] LinuxFX 10.3.1-WX LTS
Posted by: dickw - 07-09-2020, 10:43 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

I tested LinuxFX 10.3.1-WX LTS with ventoy-1.0.14.
ISO: linuxfx10.3.1-wx-lts.iso
Download (10.4): download
Boot:
- Legacy
- UEFI (Secure Boot disabled)
Platforms test:
- processor: Intel i5-2410M (Sandy Bridge)  laptop: Packard Bell EN TS1HR
- processor: Intel i5-5200U (Broadwell) laptop: Lenovo Z51-70

Print this item

Will not boot iso
Posted by: tosim - 07-08-2020, 05:39 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

Running Linux Mint19.3-MATE. Ventoy(finally) installed, and on the 16GB flash drive I have the iso's for antiX32b, BionicPup32b, and BionicPup64b. AntiX and BionicPup64, boot, and run, no problems. My trouble is BinicPup32 will not boot. I have made 3 different downloads of it, and placed each, 1 at a time, onto the drive,in the proper partition(with the 2 working iso's), and it just won't run.
(Sorry-I have the debug directory, but it doesn't allow me to attach the files.)
Please use this link to view the debug directory: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Thanks for any assistance.

.txt   dmesg.txt (Size: 31.39 KB / Downloads: 2)
Print this item

Auto Installation plugin Improvement
Posted by: Simon3264 - 07-07-2020, 03:21 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (4)

Hello,

I have an idea to improve the Auto Installation plugin for Windows to include the possibility to copy $OEM$ folders to the iso when it is in use (like an autounattended.xml), with the possibility to propose multiple $OEM$ folders for ISOs (like the xml way in the json).

That way, this opens the possibility to include parameters, apps, etc to an unattended installation with a completly untouched Windows ISO.

Thanks in advance!

Print this item

Video 【Share】3 Cool Ventoy Themes
Posted by: longpanda - 07-07-2020, 01:40 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j6kEoJjSk0

Print this item

Parted Magic secure erase
Posted by: DFW - 07-07-2020, 11:45 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

I think there is a problem when running parted magics secure erase feature for ATA drives when booting PM from a ventoy usb.

Parted Magic will boot just fine, it will allow you to secure erase NVMe drives, Sanitize ATA Devices, but when you click on Secure Erase ATA drives nothing happens and the menu to select which drive does not appear.

So to test PM I made a PM usb using rufus, ATA secure erase works fine.

Then made a E2B with alives grub2 file manger booted PM with default iso extension and secure erase worked fine, rebooted with alives grub2 file manger and selected the ventoy boot option and secure erase on ATA drives would not work.

So I rebooted the ventoy usb and selected the grubfm_multiarch.iso, selected PM with partnew option and all worked good.

It is only the secure erase of ATA drives that does not work, I can see the drives and their contents with PM file manager.

Tested with

Ventoy 1.14, 1.13

3 systems using uefi and bios

2 different USB drives

pmagic_2020_02_23.iso

pmagic_2019_09_03.iso

Any ideal why this is happening or what could be blocking ATA erase to run or load

Print this item

One of three machines - Ventoy menu unreadable and cursor movement irratic
Posted by: bbertrand007 - 07-07-2020, 01:58 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

On one of my systems the Ventoy menu appears all blurry and the cursor - you can't tell what is selected.  Same UFD works great on my other two systems.

So after creating my Ventoy UFD using V10.014,  I went into its VTOYEFI partition and added a text file to both its root and in its Ventoy folder, named ventoy.json, hoping to tell it to display the menu in TEXT mode (CLI).  It had no effect.  If at the Ventoy menu, I press c and type in terminal_output console (enter) then press ESC I do get the text menu.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

My ventoy.json file is a text file; it contains:

{
    "theme": {
        "file": "/ventoy/theme/blur/theme.txt",
        "gfxmode": "640x480",
        "display_mode": "CLI",
        "ventoy_left": "5%",
        "ventoy_top": "95%",
        "ventoy_color": "#0000ff",
        "fonts": [
            "/ventoy/theme/blur/Hack-12.pf2",
            "/ventoy/theme/blur/Hack-14.pf2",
            "/ventoy/theme/blur/Hack-16.pf2"
        ]
    }
}

Print this item

Konboot 2.5 + "Boot from harddisk" issues
Posted by: Skyfly19 - 07-06-2020, 08:37 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

Hello,

I have an issue for make KonbootCD 2.5 for windows working on all computers.

The main problem is to konboot operating broke Search and boot windows option (only hhhhh is displayed, see pic.1).
Also the boot from harddrive 1 2 3 ... doesn't work on all pc.

For example on my old intel laptop:

Boot from harddisk 1: got a - flashing
Boot from harddisk 2: no loader
Boot from harddisk 3: error: hd2 cannot get C/H/S valuas.
                                  error: you need to lad the kernet first.

I think the problem is to any "Boot from harddisk" options can't find the windows installation if we got few partitions at the left before the windows partition (see pic.2).

So it became impossible to boot to windows without restarting the computer (Restarting it remove the Konboot modification).

But we can bypassing this issue in the previously version by following this tips:

- Boot the Konboot iso while using the memdisk option
- Boot a windows iso file and don't press any buton while the message "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD..." appeair.
After that Konboot can work on any windows computers with ventoy !

The new feature on 1.0.14: Auto skip Press any key to boot from CD or DVD... make this tips impossible to do now.

Can you make an option or add-on script for chose to not auto skip this prompt from a selected windows iso? Or to disable this feature.
Then, can you try to make "Boot from harddisk" working in the case of there are left partitions before the windows installation ?

Tested in an old intel laptop (BIOS: Can't find windows with any of localboot option after start Konboot), Intel Z97 desktop (BIOS: konboot give BSOD after load session even with another USB booting soft) and a virtualbox vm which have a windows virtualdisk(work great).

Thank's in advance

Print this item