Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,297
» Latest member: bujq
» Forum threads: 1,519
» Forum posts: 6,287

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 209 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 207 Guest(s)
Bing, Google

Latest Threads
Huge delay connecting ven...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Master_X
5 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 81
My manager has restricted...
Last Post: Steve2926
Yesterday, 08:52 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 765
Windows 10 Installation i...
Last Post: TadesaeN
04-17-2024, 10:13 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 34,600
httpdisk.sys service erro...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: cleao
04-17-2024, 09:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 69
Trouble installing Window...
Last Post: sklerder
04-15-2024, 10:42 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 656
Build Windows 11+Office21
Last Post: SPRINKILL
04-15-2024, 03:13 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
Adding custom grub entrie...
Last Post: nguyen ha thai trong
04-12-2024, 08:51 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 218
iVentoy-1.0.20 release
Last Post: petergu0326
04-12-2024, 07:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 497
PXE boot via USB Ethernet...
Last Post: jeffshead
04-11-2024, 11:24 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 682
Computers are not loading...
Last Post: ATechPCS
04-11-2024, 03:31 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 665

关于Ventoy在联想Y470p下引导系统出现的问题
Posted by: y54king - 12-18-2020, 12:32 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

版主好
最近我在给联想y470p这款笔记本上使用ventoy,测试win7安装镜像和微PE的PE镜像时,会卡在windows LOGO位置,请问怎么解决?

Print this item

Photo 30版本的不支持移动硬盘吗?
Posted by: zcy - 12-18-2020, 08:28 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (8)

30版本的不支持移动硬盘吗?  安装后无法启动  机器是DELLC6100

zcy30版本的不支持移动硬盘吗?  安装后无法启动  机器是DELLC6100

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

solved [Update]关于1.0.30版本使用u盘进行legacy引导的一些测试
Posted by: benben - 12-17-2020, 10:21 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (11)

斑竹好

因为一些安装需要使用legacy引导方式,采用1.0.30版本创建u盘引导,发现有些问题。目前发现的问题是使用8G容量以下可以进行引导
安装,超过该容量则无法进行引导和安装,不知道是不是小bug,具体的可以参考附件的一些测试说明和结果。
    附件内测试使用了1.0.20版本进行了对比,谢谢。

Attached Files
.docx   ventoy test.docx (Size: 637.74 KB / Downloads: 11)
Print this item

Does any DOS able to boot with Ventoy?
Posted by: Gannet - 12-16-2020, 09:23 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

Does anybody has any DOS to successfully boot with Ventoy for updating BIOS/UEFI/Firmware etc.?

I have FreeDos.ima but this type of image is only supported by Grub4DOS and not supported by Ventoy.

Would be appreciated if someone could provide with some working type of image with DOS/FreeDOS/PCDos etc.

Thanks.

Print this item

Which Plugin, and how?
Posted by: dimitrirodis - 12-16-2020, 02:54 AM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (5)

I have a PPKG file that I would like to have automatically detected during a windows 10 installation.

The current process is as follows:
Boot Windows 10 with Ventoy
When the OOBE screen comes up, we insert the USB stick with the PPKG file
Windows 10 completes its final configuration

What I would like to do:
Boot Windows 10 with Ventoy
Choose the PPKG file (or perhaps an autounattend.xml?)
Windows 10 installs/completes on its own

I know there is a plugin to do unattended installations, but I haven't found a way to "inject" the PPKG.

Any advice or direction is appreciated.

Print this item

ubuntu persistence version 20.04 in legacy mode
Posted by: geole - 12-14-2020, 02:19 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (3)

Hello

I want to use the persistence for ubuntu in version 20.04 installed in legacy mode.

I have tried a few times to make it work without success.

Today I updated to version v30. It still doesn't work in my context.

Here is the content of my persistence file.

Code:
{
"persistence" : [
    {"image": "/ISO/ubuntu-18.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso", "backend": ["/persistence/18.04-OrdiA.PER", "/persistence/P19.PER"  ] },
    {"image": "/ISO/ubuntu-20.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso", "backend": [ "/persistence/20.04.dat"  ]  } ],
"conf_replace_legacy": [
{ "iso": "/ISO/ubuntu-20.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso", "org": "/isolinux/txt.cfg", "new": "/Menus/txt-20.1.cfg"},
{ "iso": "/ISO/ubuntu-18.04.5-desktop-amd64.iso", "org": "/isolinux/txt.cfg", "new": "/Menus/txt-18.5.cfg"},
{ "iso": "/ISO/ubuntu-18.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso", "org": "/isolinux/txt.cfg", "new": "/Menus/txt-18.1.cfg"} ]
}

It is verified. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AobnjnjPuoUqmQHJIRR1..._?e=74iOus

Here is the content of my personalized order line

For the first try
Code:
label montest
  menu label ^Essayer Ubuntu sans installation avec mes modifications
  kernel /casper/vmlinuz
  append  file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed initrd=/casper/initrd nomodeset vga=0x31B---

then for the second try
Code:
label montest
  menu label ^Essayer Ubuntu sans installation avec mes modifications
  kernel /casper/vmlinuz
  append  file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed initrd=/casper/initrd nomodeset persistent vga=0x31B---

Regardless of the context, initramfs does not find persistence and refuses to work.

===>    CRASH!   "can not mount /dev/disk/by-label/casoer-rw on  /cow"
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AobnjnjPuoUqmQLUICoi...J?e=gsLmLw

The persistence file has also been recreated today but no change.

I still have to choose non-persistence mode and install the boot-repair software to boot with the installation media

Can you guide me?
Thank you.

Print this item

Best way to make a new VHD from a Windows 10 ISO
Posted by: romf - 12-13-2020, 07:21 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (20)

Thank you very much for your cool tool! I switched to it entirely, meaning with the use of the Windows VHD Boot Plugin only VHDs reside on my hard disk's ventoy partition. This way I can separate my workspaces in a clean way. I like that very much!

Now, when a new windows version is released I would like to do a clean install to a new, empty VHD. So I did the following:

1) Inside my booted Windows VHD I start the "Disk Management" tool of Windows. There I create a new VHD on the ventoy partition, attach it and initialize it. Just an example picture which tool I mean:

[Image: disk-management.png]

2) In Rufus I choose "Windows To Go" and install the image to the VHD. Just an example picture:

[Image: Create.jpg]

3) After that image creation has completed I restart to Ventoy boot menu and choose the newly created VHD to boot.
3) Then it boots and Windows configures for the first start and everything seems fine.
4) However, after a minute it fails with the following error message:

[Image: 1-69.jpg]

Could anybody please give me advice on how to create a bootable VHD based on a regular Windows iso? Probably I am missing some important step here.

Greetings

Print this item

Bug Microsoft Security Essentials detects Ventoy-1.0.30 as malware
Posted by: spanspek - 12-13-2020, 11:06 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

New version of Ventoy (1.0.30) is detected as malware ... Win32/Emali.A!cl (Trojan)

[Image: ventoy30.png]

Print this item

Convert Ventoy Stick to ISO?
Posted by: Schlumpfpirat - 12-13-2020, 08:52 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (6)

Hey – first off, absolutely LOVE Ventoy and been using it for a year now.

I recently got an IODD Mini, and was curious if it was possible to convert an existing Ventoy USB stick to an ISO. The main reason is, I have a lot of small *.wim files and *.isos on my Ventoy and don't want to scroll through 150 images on the little IODD screen.

I tried using dd, creating a 1:1 image of the stick but no success. Unfortunately I don't know much about how Ventoy works on a technical level and couldn't find any documentation about it, so I cannot really figure out on how I could modify the EFI and BOOT folder contents either. Any pointers on how that can be achieved? Would be much appreciated.

PS: Any way to get BitCoin Donations going?

Print this item

how to make a legacy iso boot uefi via ventoy
Posted by: perfection - 12-07-2020, 06:18 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

My laptop boots ONLY UEFI.  I have an iso that when used with Ventoy on a usb drive does not bppt (but it does boot when mode is set to legacy on other laptops).  Is there ANY WAY i can get this iso to boot uefi as my new laptop is only uefi boot ?

Print this item