Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,330
» Latest member: DevPro
» Forum threads: 1,522
» Forum posts: 6,292

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 223 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 219 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
‘‘Alloc magic broken’’ on...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: hd_scania
04-22-2024, 08:01 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
Superlative Сasual Dating...
Last Post: jonne021
04-22-2024, 02:36 PM
» Views: 52
Image is torn into lines ...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: sklerder
04-19-2024, 11:12 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 531
Optimal Сasual Dating - R...
Last Post: fasho
04-19-2024, 03:26 AM
» Views: 141
Huge delay connecting ven...
Last Post: Master_X
04-18-2024, 08:15 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 275
My manager has restricted...
Last Post: Steve2926
04-18-2024, 08:52 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 969
Windows 10 Installation i...
Last Post: TadesaeN
04-17-2024, 10:13 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 35,365
httpdisk.sys service erro...
Last Post: cleao
04-17-2024, 09:11 AM
» Views: 129
Trouble installing Window...
Last Post: sklerder
04-15-2024, 10:42 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 1,081
Build Windows 11+Office21
Last Post: SPRINKILL
04-15-2024, 03:13 PM
» Views: 151

如何让vdi磁盘映像既支持legcy又支持efi呢?
Posted by: grassvalley - 01-02-2021, 02:23 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

通过virtualbox安装的xubuntu20.04,安装的时候选择的是efi模式,安装后安装ventoy说明,复制到ventoy分区后,只能以efi模式启动ventoy,才能正常启动。

有没有办法,使安装的xubuntu的vdi文件,既支持legcy模式,又支持efi模式呢?

Print this item

Gandalf PE
Posted by: HuskyLogic - 12-31-2020, 07:50 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

I've searched the board and tried all the options I could find. I tried F1 option as well as another one but I can't get this to work. Gandalf Redstone 5 and Redstone 6 will not load through Ventoy. Has anyone found a way to fix this or should I just move to a different PE and forget about Gandalf? I don't want to have to change the extension, then boot, then change the extension back each time I have to use it. What are my other options?

Print this item

Lightbulb Windows10 install to USB device: is it possible?
Posted by: bashfulbutcherblade - 12-31-2020, 06:21 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

I need to install Windows10 to a USB device so I may update my BIOS. (I also have an external HDD to try but I've heard it doesn't work when you try it)

I don't have any current Windows installs on HDD or SSD to run the BIOS update from, and my internal HDD doesn't work anymore, just throws up I/O errors. I've tried swapping HDDs but they all fail with I/O errors, too.

I tried (without Ventoy) to use both Win7 and Vista official install media but it would not allow me to install to a USB device. I don't understand why Microsoft has to be so retarded with this.

I cannot perform the BIOS update from my Linux installs, my system is unsupported for this. Nor am I going to try booting from FreeDOS which is suggested on some websites as a possible alternative for a BIOS update.

The only workaround I've tried is booting a Windows Vista 32 bit installation CD (not with Ventoy) and going into repair mode and getting access to a terminal prompt. From there, I received an error message, "oledlg.dll not found" when I typed in the name of the BIOS updater program and pressed Enter. Trying this with 64bit media such as Vista/7 throws up the following error, "The subsystem needed to support the image type is not present." But at least I see a quick extraction animation when I use 32 bit media, prior to the dll not found message.

My BIOS is very limited and does not offer a boot to BIOS update section like some motherboards do, so I'm screwed there. It is legacy bios from several years ago, prior to the UEFI.

I have separate rescue media DVDs but they will not install to a HDD which does not work. I haven't tried running the 1st recovery media to try and install to USB, I imagine that it won't.

So, my only option, I suppose, is trying to install Win10 to USB or external HDD using Ventoy. The only reason I haven't tried it yet is because I wanted feedback from the community prior to downloading several gigs of data.

Any advice?

Print this item

CentOS 7 不支持MBR 引导?
Posted by: yang8393 - 12-31-2020, 02:44 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (6)

版主好,ventoy 我使用的是最新版,经过测试 CentOS 7.6 采用 MBR 引导,就报错,报错如图1 和 2 ,一个是物理机测试拍照图片,一个是 vmware workstation 截图;在物理机用 UEFI 启动就正常,CentOS 6.5 MBR 引导没问题

Print this item

At the end of copiing the iso files
Posted by: iliyan_pi - 12-30-2020, 08:44 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (5)

At the end of copiing the iso files I get a message "can not change attributes of file XXX.iso". How to overcome?
Thamk You.

Print this item

solved [SOLVED] 关于Ventoy引导legacy安装RHEL7问题
Posted by: benben - 12-28-2020, 10:38 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (22)

斑竹好

这边使用最新1.0.31~1.0.20进行测试安装在如下平台,
server:dl360gen9
boot:legacy
u disk:MBR (8g) 
(该版本中1.0.31 GPT方式,方案1无法规避,不知是不是版本更替里面的兼容性问题。)

关于无法完全引导进入安装提示dracut如下所示:

1 引导iso进入dracut界面(图1,2)
2 对比采用dd方式ventoy查看legacy引导时设备加载提示只有u disk分区,无dm-0(图3)
3 对比采用dd方式cd引导legacy时设备加载有sr0指向iso镜像挂载(图4)
4 对比采用dd方式ventoy引导uefi时设备加载有dm-0的指向iso镜像挂载(图5)

还是麻烦看下,谢谢。

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

solved 【Solved】plugin control
Posted by: geole - 12-25-2020, 02:37 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (4)

Before version 31, by pressing the F5 key, I could check the consistency of scripts Since I installed version 31, I have an error imessage:

Code:
plugin json file /ventoy.json does NOT exists

Certainly related to the newness of version 31. I had completely remade the key.
if /ventoy is absent, it should also look in /Ventoy!
Code:
ls -ls Ventoy
total 512
128 drwxrwxrwx 1 a a 131072 déc.  23 19:38 ISO
128 drwxrwxrwx 1 a a 131072 déc.  24 19:42 Menus
128 drwxrwxrwx 1 a a 131072 déc.  24 19:57 persistence
128 -rwxrwxrwx 1 a a  1262 déc.  24 19:44 ventoy.json

Thanks

Print this item

Questions regarding Secure Boot support. How to un-enrolled the key?
Posted by: m.fessler - 12-23-2020, 05:19 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

Hello everybody,

first of all, thank you very much for this great tool!
I have a few questions about Secure Boot support - maybe someone can help me:

If I understand correctly, the "enrolled" key is saved in the EFI.
How can this be reversed?
I have reset the keys and all settings to default in the BIOS and even reflashed the BIOS - but the key remained.
With a Live Linux and mokutil --delete or --reset with subsequent confirmation in the "MOK Manager" worked - is that the right way?
An option for this in Ventoy might come in handy.

A Ventoy Stick with Secure Boot support also works perfectly on a device without (or with deactivated) Secure Boot.
Why then Secure Boot support is optional at all and not always automatically activated?

How do other Live CDs such as PartedMagic does this?
These boot with Secure Boot without having to import a key.

Thanks and happy holidays!
Martin

Print this item

solved [SOLVED] Persistence with Ventoy 1.29 and Mint 20
Posted by: SmackDown - 12-22-2020, 11:34 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

I successfully had persistence working with an earlier version of ventoy and Mint 20 but now with Ventoy 1.29 it does not seem to work .
Here is my json file. If I check under tools using the F5 key on boot it says persistence is working but files do not seem to persist after a reboot

Code:
{
    "persistence" : [

{
            "image": "/ISO/linuxmint-20-cinnamon-64bit.iso",
            "backend": "/Persistence/Mint-Persist.dat",
            "autosel": 1
        }
    ]
}

Print this item

solved [SOLVED] Memtest86
Posted by: invex - 12-22-2020, 06:41 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

Will Ventoy support Memtest86 8.4?
I tried to boot it using Memdisk but it wouldn't boot.

Print this item