Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,335
» Latest member: Davidabips
» Forum threads: 1,519
» Forum posts: 6,289

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 264 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 262 Guest(s)
Bing, Google

Latest Threads
请教一下,在unraid虚拟机启动碰到花屏的问题
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: abovo484
Yesterday, 11:19 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
‘‘Alloc magic broken’’ on...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: hd_scania
04-22-2024, 08:01 PM
» Views: 112
Image is torn into lines ...
Last Post: sklerder
04-19-2024, 11:12 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 561
Huge delay connecting ven...
Last Post: Master_X
04-18-2024, 08:15 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 315
My manager has restricted...
Last Post: Steve2926
04-18-2024, 08:52 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,010
Windows 10 Installation i...
Last Post: TadesaeN
04-17-2024, 10:13 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 35,556
httpdisk.sys service erro...
Last Post: cleao
04-17-2024, 09:11 AM
» Views: 142
Trouble installing Window...
Last Post: sklerder
04-15-2024, 10:42 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 1,163
Build Windows 11+Office21
Last Post: SPRINKILL
04-15-2024, 03:13 PM
» Views: 165
Adding custom grub entrie...
Last Post: nguyen ha thai trong
04-12-2024, 08:51 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 329

Big Grin EASTER EGG found have a few questions....
Posted by: Premiere - 01-26-2021, 10:17 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

EdIT
FORGET everything, I was thinking it was harder to change than it was. It's a really simple yet using the guid as part of it cleverly confusing.

Value ? Value : "",plate, guidstr, #the primary line

If I go to big with the array size ( added about 7 bytes  is that  whats braking the booting of the ISOs? OR Compile-assert was complaining  so I altered that I will put that back to a -1 ,
Smile

I know I figured out how to change the data in the guid yet adding a few characters has crashed the program.  Confused  Smile
UPDATE :
I figuring it out. This is a really fun puzzle I Made it harder, it was simple.
Its all about being able to remove the www.ventoy.net and other texted. Or changing it. Nice Puzzle!
Its not hard to find lol.

I was trying to change the GUID because that contains the web link , why didn't I realize that was going to cause trouble, thats limited to 16 bytes.

THANKS  Big Grin

Print this item

Successfuly Complied on Ubuntu based distribution
Posted by: Premiere - 01-26-2021, 07:01 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

Haven't yet fully tested this and I had to make a quite a few changes to the build scripts to get everything to compiled,
So far it's working well. 

I wounder if the -m32 and -stactic options will cause issues for the 32 bit versions?  Confused 

I will post a how to once I verify all the steps.

I Love open source.

Print this item

first of all:thankyou very much to Longpanda for ventoy and a request...
Posted by: lucdeluc1 - 01-26-2021, 06:20 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (7)

dear sir Longpanda you have created a real masterpieces in multiboot.
just a request maybe for future:
do you have considered to add the ability to browse other disks internal or usb attached so we can boot others isos or vhd that are not on Ventoy partition?
For the moment i use inside your Ventoy  a grubfm_multiarch 740.iso that has this feature, it works but is not so good as booting directly the same isos or vhd from Ventoy (more slower and less compatibility). I know that Ventoy is slow browsing a complex directory cause it read and determines all files types for show only bootable files,(for this you have added the triks of .ventoyignore) but maybe you can add also the choice to show all files without analyze them.
in  every case thankyou very much for your beautiful creation

Print this item

Request: improve the disk layout when writing to HDD
Posted by: uls4 - 01-24-2021, 12:49 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

Hi, I have a request for the current disk layout when installing Ventoy. 
Is it possible to add an option to select an arbitrary initial part of LBA PART 1 when writing Ventoy to leave unallocated space with bad sectors at the beginning of the external hard drive?
Or the sector ranges option (start LBA — end LBA) to select an undamaged location in the middle of the hard drive? 

Illustration of the idea:
https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_disk_layout.html
https://funkyimg.com/i/3ad1b.png

Sorry for my English translation.
Thanks.

Print this item

solved [SOLVED] Arcabit - Rescue Disk support
Posted by: zxy - 01-23-2021, 08:50 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

Please add support for Arcabit - Rescue Disk iso. It uses Tiny Core Linux, but it doesn't load in Ventoy even in BIOS mode. It stops at the Linux console.
https://www.arcabit.pl/rescue-disk.html

Print this item

solved [SOLVED] Ventoy MBR only mode - is this possible ??
Posted by: smallhagrid - 01-22-2021, 04:08 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Greetings Longpanda and All.
I think Ventoy is absolutely wonderful.

If anyone can, please tell me how to get around this problem I ran across in trying to use it...?

I was helping a friend with his Linux PC;
His HDD was old & he bought a new 500GB HDD & asked me to transfer his stuff to it, so I went for a visit to his house to do that for him.

Using my wonderful Ventoy powered USB stick in his PC that is set up for normal MBR & BIOS booting, I tried starting GParted via Ventoy, and it somehow defaulted to UEFI mode, and then failed to boot.

I then chose PartedMagic via Ventoy instead, and it booted fine.

My query:
Is some way to make Ventoy absolutely never use or default to UEFI ??
(I only ever remove UEFI & GPT & 'secure boot' stuff from any PC that I touch as I don't do wintel stuff at all.)

Thanks for any help !!

Print this item

Bug Ventoy2Disk Will not Update Existing Ventoy Version
Posted by: Orochi - 01-21-2021, 11:13 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (5)

I installed Ventoy to my 256gb usb stick.
Now for some reason, when I tried to update my usb stick with latest Ventoy version, Ventoy2Disk doesn't see that Ventoy 
is already installed and doesn't offer to update. I only have option for a new install.

All I did was convert exFat to NTFS and used 2048kb cluster as per FAQ. I also placed ventoy.disk.img.xz to Ventoy dir on primary partition.

Any ideas?

Print this item

i am so satisfacted. greetings
Posted by: wallyCrini - 01-20-2021, 08:51 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

i am so satisfacted.my english is poor, sorry Smile. thx for approving my user greetings wally

Print this item

ventoy不支持U深度PE生成的ISOEFI启动吗?
Posted by: youzi - 01-19-2021, 05:03 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

不得不说,ventoy这个工具太牛了,但是我把ushendu的UEFI版生成的ISO放在ventoy分区,发现不支持EFI引导模式,请问大神这个问题有办法解决吗?

Print this item

[FR] UI for Linux and possible fork
Posted by: Rafael - 01-18-2021, 09:44 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

Hello
Since I'm using Ventoy, I miss an UI for Linux. In fact, before Ventoy existed, I used MultiJBootUSB, that have UI for Linux. However, I continue using MultiBootUSB cause it has a great interface to launch ISO's and USB's distros using QEMU. I don't know if Ventoy Windows version has that possibility, but it would great in a Linux UI.
MultiBootUSB is outdated since 2018-04-04 and its domain is for sell. I don't know if both projects are using same language, but I suggest to fork the MultiBootUSB interface and reuse its UI to give Linux users a way to simplify the use of Ventoy, adding the QEMU launch possibiity.
Thank you

Print this item