Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,999
» Latest member: wodeVentoy
» Forum threads: 1,585
» Forum posts: 6,511

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 130 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 126 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Boot 32 bit Windows
Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum
Last Post: Rootman
Yesterday, 11:15 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 49
Is it time to update Vent...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Epictetus
09-17-2024, 12:36 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 923
Ventoy 1.0.99 is the fina...
Last Post: Rootman
09-17-2024, 11:01 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 597
WindowsPE - load necessar...
Last Post: Nierewa
09-16-2024, 10:41 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 8,899
"shim_lock protocol not f...
Last Post: AzJazz
09-13-2024, 08:19 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 177
iventoy安装debian12.6花屏
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Tazimi
09-13-2024, 07:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 138
Installing SSL Certificat...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: pleasehelp
09-10-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 158
Ventoy enroll key manager...
Last Post: asheroto
09-10-2024, 10:46 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6,431
ventoy可以引导我的系统,如何设置开机默认启动...
Last Post: sevk
09-10-2024, 07:52 AM
» Views: 172
Something has gone seriou...
Last Post: bigcid10
09-09-2024, 01:33 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 2,300

Injection Plugin Wildcard Support
Posted by: dimitrirodis - 08-22-2020, 03:37 AM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (4)

Would it be possible to support something like the following? (Note the * wildcard in the image names)

{
"injection": [
{
"image": "/ISO/MX-19.1_x64.iso",
"archive": "/driver/mx-driver.tar.gz"
},
{
"image": "/ubuntu-*-desktop-amd64.iso",
"archive": "/driver/ubuntu-driver.tar.bz2"
},
{
"image": "/windows_10_*.iso",
"archive": "/driver/win10-driver.zip"
}
]
}

That way, as we update the ISO files on the USB drive, the injection still works without having to modify ventoy.json each time and for every single iso

Print this item

GParted Support
Posted by: dimitrirodis - 08-22-2020, 03:28 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Please add support for GNOME Partition Editor (GParted)

https://gparted.org/download.php

ISO does not boot properly with Ventoy 1.0.19

Print this item

What is the best way to install on 5tb portable storage?
Posted by: Algernon - 08-20-2020, 08:14 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

I have a mypassport plug and play storage that appears as sdb. I could not install ventoy regularly to it with the exe even by running with the extra parameter letter, it still does not appear as an option, this only showed my internal drive extra. I first cloned a normal ventoy usb to it with easeus(I imagine copying would be the same but to be safe), then after tried to install on linux, this gave me an error mnt folder already existed but it says it installed successfully. I can boot in uefi on my true pc using either method but bios usb boot greets me with "GR.. then a no boot grub screen on both vb and real machine. 
    In virtualbox I am getting stuck at the uefi shell when booting with efi (have created usb.vmdk, ran as admin), it does not appear to find the fs0 or default efi mapping just blk device. Is there any trick for this, would secureboot or non-secure be recommended here? What is the maximum size drive for mbr support? The drive is empty now, is there anyway to make it appear as less space to allow dual legacy mbr bios & gpt boot, or just to ventoy boot the 5tb drive from uefi in virtualbox?All works ok with a 64gb usb. I would like to dedicate around 250gb to ventoy or maximum mbr allows if possible and collect iso and store them on it as time goes by. My apologies for so many questions, any help much appreciated.

Print this item

Graphics Out of Sync On ISO Startup
Posted by: FroggieTheGremlin - 08-20-2020, 12:28 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (30)

Greetings!  I have noticed that on many "tested" ISOs that when they start up, the graphics display is way out of sync and unreadable.  On some ISOs it happens all the time, some are random and many never fail.  These ISOs run fine from USB preparation tools (Rufus, etc) and from CD/DVD creations.

Any idea on where I should head with this issue?  It only happens with VENTOY... thanx!

(Using i7 4th gen with internal graphics <Intel HD Graphics 4600> and VGA)

Print this item

Inject files into windows
Posted by: Matlox - 08-19-2020, 10:01 AM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (7)

Hello,

I've tried to inject files into windows but they don't show up

I've made an archive like this with a single file in it : sources.zip\sources\$OEM$\$1\Users\Public\Desktop

My ventoy.json is like this 

Code:
    "injection": [
        {
            "image": "/ISO/Windows/Win10_2004_French_x64.iso",
            "archive": "/ventoy/sources.zip"
        }
    ]

I have no errors while installing, but the file isn't dropped in Users\Public\Desktop

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Print this item

Boot legacy ISO on UEFI
Posted by: Nierewa - 08-19-2020, 09:16 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

Hi,

is there a way to boot legacy only iso on UEFI Bios using ventoy?
At this moment I get always the error:

Code:
No bootfile found for UEFI!
Maybe the image does not support X64 UEFI!

Thanks Big Grin

Print this item

Question Injection plugin
Posted by: Gyanbu - 08-18-2020, 10:46 AM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (1)

Hello,
Can someone help me with injection plugin functions?
I would like to have some examples because I don't know how it works.
I would like to know:
1. Does it work in same privileges as X: command prompt
2. Can you delete files from different drive or replace it with one from pen drive (D:)
3. How to copy injection file from ventoy pen drive to different drive (D:)

Print this item

Sad 苹果电脑不能使用
Posted by: 风华绝代 - 08-18-2020, 06:45 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

苹果电脑不能用,进个受支持的iso,开启安全启动支持和关闭分别显示下两个图,第一个图显示一个横杠

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Tongue [Tested] Grub2-filemanager
Posted by: stem - 08-16-2020, 07:09 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Tested with ventoy 1.0.19
I guess you could call this a hack to boot img files (boot grub2FM from ventoy -> select the img file(fydeos) from the file manager -> boot as floppy) Smile

ISO: https://github.com/a1ive/grub2-filemanag...tiarch.iso
Legacy & UEFI(secure boot disabled) both work

tested on a : fujitsu ah531 - i3-2350m (laptop)
                    some hp - foxconn 2ada mobo - i5-3350p (desktop)

Happy to help Wink

Print this item

Can I place the ventoy.json inside the efi partition or in folder named Settings?
Posted by: Algernon - 08-16-2020, 05:37 AM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (3)

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if there is a way I can place the ventoy.json for plugins/ventoy_grub.cfg in the smaller efi partition to configure the default theme or if it is not possible for technical reasons. I have assigned the ventoy efi partition a letter for now, my idea was I could set it up and only make the partition visible when adding more icon or menuentries. This would also be to further protect it. Could this potentially be possible by altering a line or two to check for the part_efi instead of part_iso then changing appropriate entries in the other cfgs to match or a process similar to this without the need to recompile from source fully? Tried some things but so far no luck.  If inside the vtoyefi partition is not supported, would it be possible for the ventoy.json and theme contents to be placed in another specified folder such as Settings in the root directory of the regular iso partition?

Print this item