Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 12,002
» Latest member: viktor
» Forum threads: 1,585
» Forum posts: 6,511

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 316 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 309 Guest(s)
Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, shivanand angadi, wulieriver

Latest Threads
Boot 32 bit Windows
Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum
Last Post: Rootman
Yesterday, 11:15 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 63
Is it time to update Vent...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Epictetus
09-17-2024, 12:36 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 958
Ventoy 1.0.99 is the fina...
Last Post: Rootman
09-17-2024, 11:01 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 633
WindowsPE - load necessar...
Last Post: Nierewa
09-16-2024, 10:41 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 8,909
"shim_lock protocol not f...
Last Post: AzJazz
09-13-2024, 08:19 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 183
iventoy安装debian12.6花屏
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Tazimi
09-13-2024, 07:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 143
Installing SSL Certificat...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: pleasehelp
09-10-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 158
Ventoy enroll key manager...
Last Post: asheroto
09-10-2024, 10:46 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6,462
ventoy可以引导我的系统,如何设置开机默认启动...
Last Post: sevk
09-10-2024, 07:52 AM
» Views: 175
Something has gone seriou...
Last Post: bigcid10
09-09-2024, 01:33 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 2,312

Star [SOLVED] Modified Win10 iso (add ei.cfg) leads to EFI error
Posted by: clstrife - 10-15-2020, 12:41 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Hi,

So, Ventoy seems to be working fine with untouched Windows 10 ISO, but if I modify the ISO by adding the ei.cfg into the sources folder, the iso won't boot with the following error:

ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Invalid Parameter)
ASSERT [Ventoy] /home/share/Ventoy/EDKII/edk5-edk2-stable201911/MdePkg/Library/UefiMemoryAllocationLib/MemoryAllocationLib.c(813): !EFI_ERROR (Status)
No bootfile found for UEFI!
Maybe the image does not support X64 UEFI!

I saw this error in some other searches from google, but no response. I was wondering, is there something that needs to be done to make the iso properly bootable?

I used this guide to make the modified ISO:

https://www.wintips.org/how-to-edit-iso-...ble-image/#

It works when I use rufus to write the iso to a usb stick (my current Windows install was done with this modified ISO, before I discovered Ventoy). Also, when I mount both then use Beyond Compare to diff the 2 mounted drives, only the ei.cfg is different. There must be some structure type thing for ISOs I don't know about? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Print this item

Ventoy on Linux - need to format usb stick as ext3/4
Posted by: peter4747 - 10-14-2020, 11:31 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Dear all,

After numerous attempts with various programs to create a working multiboot usb stick, I finally succeeded with Ventoy. So I thank and congratulate the author for providing an excellent piece of software.

I am working on linux (mainly Mint 18), on an Asus CM6330 desktop with an intel i7 cpu, dating from 2012. I eventually used a new Sandisk Ultra 32 GB usb stick.

One problem which I had to overcome to get Ventoy working effectively was to format the main partition on the usb stick as ext3 (using Gparted), after installing Ventoy on the stick. If the default fat format of the partition was used, I could copy isos to the stick, and activate the Ventoy menu when booting, but no iso would load (whether in legacy or uefi mode). It is possible that the problem is limited to some rather old machines, but I suggest that the Ventoy documentation should indicate the desirability for linux users of formatting the main partition on the usb stick as ext3 after installing Ventoy on the stick.

Best wishes,
Peter Stone

Print this item

Ventoy is not bootable when the Bios is not in CSM mode
Posted by: xuo - 10-13-2020, 06:56 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

Hi,

I can boot without any issue using Ventoy if the BIOS of the PC is configured in CSM mode.
If I disable the CSM mode (and do NOT set the secure boot), then I can't boot on the Ventoy USB stick.
This could not be a problem but I "think" that, when I boot with the BIOS in CSM mode, this prevents my Mageia iso to be able to reconfigure the boot loader in case I need to do it.
I'd like to test to launch the Mageia iso with BIOS NOT set to CSM mode.
My question : do you know how to do to have the Ventoy USB stick to be bootable when the CSM mode of my Bios is not set ?

Regards.

Xuo.

Print this item

Lightbulb Cr OS Linux help...
Posted by: Wanako1 - 10-12-2020, 12:58 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

Hi everybody, I have been trying boot Cr OS Linux (ChromeOS)  but sadly without luck.
If any of you knows if there is something to make this boot possible... I left a link for easy access

Hopefully someone will be able to help!!!
Thanks
Smile

Print this item

Ventoy version upgrade in MEDICAT
Posted by: momosala - 10-11-2020, 11:10 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (8)

How can I upgrade Ventoy version in MEDICAT ?

Print this item

TreeViewMode without the word "DIR"
Posted by: momosala - 10-11-2020, 10:29 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

Hello,
Is it possible to prevent the word "DIR" from appearing in front of folder names in the TreeViewMode menu?
Thank you.

Print this item

Video 【Share】A video about Ventoy theme and menu class customization
Posted by: longpanda - 10-08-2020, 02:15 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - No Replies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6wfVdNkHU4

Print this item

Support for .img files are broken in 1.0.22 ???
Posted by: mat-industries - 10-07-2020, 07:15 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

I have tried to boot some .img files with ventoy newest version 1.0.22
I can´t get any img files working.
Is there a specification wich img formats are working, or is this funktion still broken ?

Print this item

Hide iso file size
Posted by: Templeton Peck - 10-07-2020, 12:31 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Hi,

is there a way to hide iso file size in boot menu?

Thanks

Templeton

Print this item

Windows 10 issues
Posted by: Intervence - 10-06-2020, 01:00 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

Hello!
I've faced a problem booting windows 10 ISO. After selecting appropriate menu entry i see black screen with underscore and after couple of seconds it gets me back to previous menu.
As far as I can see, last entries on logs are "no mapping". It tries couple of times and exit.
bonus question: is there a built-in option in ventoy for logging rather than editing boot entries manually?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Print this item