Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 12,002
» Latest member: viktor
» Forum threads: 1,585
» Forum posts: 6,511

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 251 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 245 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Metin Kaplan, wulieriver

Latest Threads
Boot 32 bit Windows
Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum
Last Post: Rootman
Yesterday, 11:15 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 52
Is it time to update Vent...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Epictetus
09-17-2024, 12:36 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 954
Ventoy 1.0.99 is the fina...
Last Post: Rootman
09-17-2024, 11:01 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
WindowsPE - load necessar...
Last Post: Nierewa
09-16-2024, 10:41 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 8,908
"shim_lock protocol not f...
Last Post: AzJazz
09-13-2024, 08:19 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 180
iventoy安装debian12.6花屏
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Tazimi
09-13-2024, 07:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 140
Installing SSL Certificat...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: pleasehelp
09-10-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 158
Ventoy enroll key manager...
Last Post: asheroto
09-10-2024, 10:46 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6,446
ventoy可以引导我的系统,如何设置开机默认启动...
Last Post: sevk
09-10-2024, 07:52 AM
» Views: 174
Something has gone seriou...
Last Post: bigcid10
09-09-2024, 01:33 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 2,307

Feature request: Hidden ventoy folder
Posted by: Intervence - 10-06-2020, 12:11 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - No Replies

Hi! 
I have a suggestion: in general, ventoy folder on first partition is mostly for a theme customizations and usually not used daily. How about making it hidden out-of a box? Those who need customizations may read manual and find that folder and those sho don't need it, ...well they dont need it anyways.

---

For those who wish to hide it without damaging its functionality (at first i thought renaming it to .ventoy - that will not work)

Linux users
cd /your_flash_root_folder (e.g. /media/admin/ventoy)
echo ventoy > ./.hidden

Windows users
Just mark ventoy (and .hidden file if you did previous step) folder hidden in its properties. 
That's it. That will prevent ventoy folder to be accidently tampered while using flash drive

Print this item

Arch Linux ISO boots via BIOS, fails to boot via EFI
Posted by: mpb - 10-06-2020, 02:30 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (5)

On an Intel NUC, I can use Ventoy in BIOS mode to boot the Arch Linux installation ISO.

If, on the same Intel NUC, I use Ventoy and EFI mode, the boot will fail.

The failure messages is:

Waiting 30 seconds for device /dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_202010 ...
ERROR: '/dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_202010' device did not show up after 30 seconds.

I then get an emergency shell, and I can see the following devices in /dev/disk/by-label:  Recovery and VTOYEFI

Recovery is probably Windows 10 on another disk.

If, instead, I boot via BIOS, the following disks exist in /dev/disk/by-label:
ARCH_202010, Recovery, and VTOYEFI.  ARCH_202010 is a symlink to /dev/dm-0.

Attached are screenshots of (1) the EFI error message, and (2) ls -l /dev/disk/by-label after a successful BIOS boot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

BUG in Ventoy - "upgrade" in Linux
Posted by: GCMartin - 10-05-2020, 01:13 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

The Linux version BUG is reported here: https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php?tid=744

Further, the Ventoy product does NOT maintain "options" parity across; as, there is no "config" file saved from one release on its disk (sda2) for the next upgrade to use.

FYI!

Print this item

Persistence is Inonsistent
Posted by: wilmayo - 10-04-2020, 10:37 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (5)

Here is a screen shot of my ventoy directory on a usb memory stick:

And here is a screen shot of the ventoy.json file:

All of the .dat files were generated by CreatePersistentImg.sh and then copied to the ventoy directory and the names change as you see them. When booting from the usb memory stick, all of the ventoy menus look and function as they should. The Kbuntu iso starts and runs as expected and configuration changes are stored and remembered at the next startup, as expected.
The Ubuntu iso will not start up using the persistence file. It will start and run without persistence. All of the others start up and run with their persistence files, but no configuration changes are remembered on the next boot.
What am I doing wrong?

Print this item

Remove the suffix (extension) from the name in the menu
Posted by: momosala - 10-04-2020, 12:00 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

Is there a setting so that the sufixe (extension) of the ISO or WIM name does not appear in the menu list?
Thank you

I found in the documentation that it was possible to add in ventoy.json a "menu_alias" that allows to change the names of folders and files.
But considering the fact that my USB key contains several dozen ISOs, setting up the menu-alias would be tedious.
Isn't there a more global method to prevent file extensions from appearing in the menu?

Print this item

[SOLVED] Ventoy BOOT Problem - GRUB Error
Posted by: FroggieTheGremlin - 10-02-2020, 07:02 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

Greetings!  GRUB newbie here.  I've been using VENTOY successfully on lots of machines, mostly Legacy-MBR types.  I just tried to use it on an HP 8510p Core2Duo (Legacy-MBR) and GRUB flashes an error (too fast to see) and winds up at the GRUB prompt.

I used the "ls (hd0,1)" and "ls (hd0,2)" GRUB commands to give a quick look at the partitions on the VENTOY build (which is a 1tB USB HDD).  Partition 1 looks normal seeing an exFAT FileSystem with the proper label and size.  Partition 2 says "No known FileSystem detected" with the proper 32mB size.  All my partition tools say that the 32mB partition is of the FAT16 type.

Any idea what might be happening here...???  Thanks in advance for any offered help.

Print this item

Question [SOLVED] Ventoy update/upgrade
Posted by: Midas - 10-01-2020, 01:07 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Hi @all.

There are scant reports of anyone updating -- specifically from v1.0.21 to v1.0.22 -- with Ventoy installed to computer internal HDD/SSD.

I just tried to upgrade my setup (see https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php...46#pid1746 and https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php...88#pid1488) by booting a Linux Mint 20 livecd ISO image and issuing the following command in a terminal:

Code:
$ sudo sh Ventoy2Disk.sh -u /dev/sda

And got the following error:

Code:
/dev/sda does not contain ventoy or data corupted

Please use -i option if you want to install ventoy to /dev/sda

The system is working with no errors with v 1.0.21 -- except for what I reported in the "This is not a standard device and is not officially supported" thread (https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php?tid=612) -- and I can see all disk perfectly (plus they show up OK in Mint when I run '$ sudo fdisk -l').

[Image: sda1.png]

There was one positive upgrade report (https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php...07#pid1807) but I was still afraid it wouldn't work in my case, after other previous reports regarding different Ventoy versions, and so it is... Do I have to reinstall everything? Confused

Follow-up:

I just tried Ventoy v1.0.22 for Windows -- because the Linux version apparently doesn't have the '-U' parameter -- and got only the "Install" button active, so "Update" is not an option...

[Image: ventoy-update.png]

As an alternative, is there any chance to perform the update manually? How? Huh

Print this item

Boot Windows 7 from VHD ?
Posted by: mat-industries - 09-29-2020, 05:58 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

Hello everyone,
i tried today to install Windows 7 in several ways into a VHD and start it with Ventoy.
I always tried to boot in BIOS mode, but no matter how I created the VHD I got a Bluescreen 07b at boot time.
I also tried to patch the registry to AHCI, but without success.
Did Windows 7 already run one of you ???
I would like to have it on the Ventoy Stick, then I don't need a local installation anymore. :-)

Print this item

"No Whole search " option in Global plugin
Posted by: apple3000 - 09-29-2020, 03:02 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

i have many files in USB. 
there are Some PE files in /PE
and iso files in /Source
and etc.. 1st folders, sub folders, sub sub folders...  many..in usb.

So, take many times to scan and display files, folders in root without below option.

{ "VTOY_DEFAULT_SEARCH_ROOT": "/PE" }

But, with option "VTOY_DEFAULT_SEARCH_ROOT", just display files in /PE. no shows files wim or iso in root. To solve this problem, I Have to collect ISO, WIM in One Folders.

so I sugesstion, 
Without "VTOY_DEFAULT_SEARCH_ROOT", Do not scan All folder and files USB. Just scan root folder and 1st folders.

Print this item

How do I use the Auto Installation Plugin?
Posted by: leonid-m - 09-28-2020, 06:32 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (1)

Hello, longpanda!
Please tell me which Ubuntu distributions are supported by the Auto Installation Plugin, in particular whether it is possible to use this plugin with the distribution ubuntu-20.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso?

Print this item