Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,307
» Latest member: ineuw
» Forum threads: 1,520
» Forum posts: 6,290

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 168 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 165 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google

Latest Threads
Image is torn into lines ...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: sklerder
Yesterday, 11:12 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 435
Optimal Сasual Dating - R...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: fasho
Yesterday, 03:26 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 58
Huge delay connecting ven...
Last Post: Master_X
04-18-2024, 08:15 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 154
My manager has restricted...
Last Post: Steve2926
04-18-2024, 08:52 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 846
Windows 10 Installation i...
Last Post: TadesaeN
04-17-2024, 10:13 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 34,800
httpdisk.sys service erro...
Last Post: cleao
04-17-2024, 09:11 AM
» Views: 95
Trouble installing Window...
Last Post: sklerder
04-15-2024, 10:42 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 786
Build Windows 11+Office21
Last Post: SPRINKILL
04-15-2024, 03:13 PM
» Views: 118
Adding custom grub entrie...
Last Post: nguyen ha thai trong
04-12-2024, 08:51 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 253
iVentoy-1.0.20 release
Last Post: petergu0326
04-12-2024, 07:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 541

[SOLVED] Ventoy BOOT Problem - GRUB Error
Posted by: FroggieTheGremlin - 10-02-2020, 07:02 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

Greetings!  GRUB newbie here.  I've been using VENTOY successfully on lots of machines, mostly Legacy-MBR types.  I just tried to use it on an HP 8510p Core2Duo (Legacy-MBR) and GRUB flashes an error (too fast to see) and winds up at the GRUB prompt.

I used the "ls (hd0,1)" and "ls (hd0,2)" GRUB commands to give a quick look at the partitions on the VENTOY build (which is a 1tB USB HDD).  Partition 1 looks normal seeing an exFAT FileSystem with the proper label and size.  Partition 2 says "No known FileSystem detected" with the proper 32mB size.  All my partition tools say that the 32mB partition is of the FAT16 type.

Any idea what might be happening here...???  Thanks in advance for any offered help.

Print this item

Question [SOLVED] Ventoy update/upgrade
Posted by: Midas - 10-01-2020, 01:07 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Hi @all.

There are scant reports of anyone updating -- specifically from v1.0.21 to v1.0.22 -- with Ventoy installed to computer internal HDD/SSD.

I just tried to upgrade my setup (see https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php...46#pid1746 and https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php...88#pid1488) by booting a Linux Mint 20 livecd ISO image and issuing the following command in a terminal:

Code:
$ sudo sh Ventoy2Disk.sh -u /dev/sda

And got the following error:

Code:
/dev/sda does not contain ventoy or data corupted

Please use -i option if you want to install ventoy to /dev/sda

The system is working with no errors with v 1.0.21 -- except for what I reported in the "This is not a standard device and is not officially supported" thread (https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php?tid=612) -- and I can see all disk perfectly (plus they show up OK in Mint when I run '$ sudo fdisk -l').

[Image: sda1.png]

There was one positive upgrade report (https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php...07#pid1807) but I was still afraid it wouldn't work in my case, after other previous reports regarding different Ventoy versions, and so it is... Do I have to reinstall everything? Confused

Follow-up:

I just tried Ventoy v1.0.22 for Windows -- because the Linux version apparently doesn't have the '-U' parameter -- and got only the "Install" button active, so "Update" is not an option...

[Image: ventoy-update.png]

As an alternative, is there any chance to perform the update manually? How? Huh

Print this item

Boot Windows 7 from VHD ?
Posted by: mat-industries - 09-29-2020, 05:58 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

Hello everyone,
i tried today to install Windows 7 in several ways into a VHD and start it with Ventoy.
I always tried to boot in BIOS mode, but no matter how I created the VHD I got a Bluescreen 07b at boot time.
I also tried to patch the registry to AHCI, but without success.
Did Windows 7 already run one of you ???
I would like to have it on the Ventoy Stick, then I don't need a local installation anymore. :-)

Print this item

"No Whole search " option in Global plugin
Posted by: apple3000 - 09-29-2020, 03:02 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

i have many files in USB. 
there are Some PE files in /PE
and iso files in /Source
and etc.. 1st folders, sub folders, sub sub folders...  many..in usb.

So, take many times to scan and display files, folders in root without below option.

{ "VTOY_DEFAULT_SEARCH_ROOT": "/PE" }

But, with option "VTOY_DEFAULT_SEARCH_ROOT", just display files in /PE. no shows files wim or iso in root. To solve this problem, I Have to collect ISO, WIM in One Folders.

so I sugesstion, 
Without "VTOY_DEFAULT_SEARCH_ROOT", Do not scan All folder and files USB. Just scan root folder and 1st folders.

Print this item

How do I use the Auto Installation Plugin?
Posted by: leonid-m - 09-28-2020, 06:32 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (1)

Hello, longpanda!
Please tell me which Ubuntu distributions are supported by the Auto Installation Plugin, in particular whether it is possible to use this plugin with the distribution ubuntu-20.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso?

Print this item

Boot Windows XP from VHD ???
Posted by: mat-industries - 09-27-2020, 12:20 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (5)

Since the latest version of Ventoy also supports booting from VHD, I have been working on this for the last few days.
Windows (different versions) I get all of them running.
Windows XP I unfortunately can't get to run. :-(
Maybe someone of you has a VHD with XP and the integrated drivers for Vboot to test.
Did anyone of you already manage that ???

Print this item

Boot Linux from VHD ???
Posted by: mat-industries - 09-27-2020, 12:17 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (11)

Since the latest version of Ventoy also supports booting from VHD, I have been working on this for the last few days.
Windows (different versions) I get all of them running.
Linux however does not. I tried everything I could think of, but without success.
Did anyone of you already manage that ???

Print this item

Windows 7 installation bug 1.0.21
Posted by: L1yod - 09-26-2020, 10:43 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

after the 1st stage of installing windows 7, after copying the files after the first restart of the computer, it will boot from the USB flash drive and press f4 to search and boot windows to continue the installation, then the installation will not complete successfully and will give an error later windows setup could not configure windows to run on this hardware. But if you manage to immediately remove the USB flash drive after the first reboot, so that Windows itself goes to the second stage of installation, then everything is installed well. The bug is only Windows 7 different images, on 8.1 and 10 Windows the bug does not appear.

Print this item

Add Ventoy ISO to a Ventoy USB
Posted by: GCMartin - 09-24-2020, 08:53 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

It doesn't boot!

Use Ventoy program running on a Windows or Linux PC to create a Ventoy USB.

Then add a Ventoy ISO to the 1st partition, along with any other ISOs you choose.

When you boot the Ventoy USB, it does not boot.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Print this item

Mint Cinnamon 64bit wont install
Posted by: k_zeon - 09-23-2020, 07:50 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

Hi. I have created a Ventoy USB and  have formatted the ISO partion as NTFS
I have put Mint 20 Cinamon on it. 64bit.
I have an old PC that has Legacy & UEFI.
I can boot to Mint in Legacy and it runs but not in UEFI
I have tried the normal install and screen freezes.
I have tried comatibility but it gets so far then stops at
ACPI: Video Device [VGA] (multi head:yes Rom:no Post:no)

Also just wiped a 16gb usb and installed Ventoy 21 and did nothing else.
copied linuxmint-20-cinnamon-64bit.iso to partition.
Set as UEFI boot mode and still refuses to load either normal or compatability
any help?

Further investigation and I have had Bios set as CSM = Disabled and Boot UEFI only
This does not work

Set CSM=Enabled and Boot UEFI and it works.

I thought UEFI booting did not require CSM to be enabled??
Pls advise why.

tks

Print this item