Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,346
» Latest member: s128300901
» Forum threads: 1,520
» Forum posts: 6,296

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 243 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 238 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
proxmox v8.2
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: jhmc93
7 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
Windows 10 Installation i...
Last Post: Grigo_R0
Yesterday, 12:46 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 35,971
Booting kernel 6.6 with ...
04-25-2024, 05:26 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 392
Haiku OS no ventoy yet..
04-25-2024, 05:23 PM
» Views: 344
Theme Backround Image
04-25-2024, 05:22 PM
» Views: 481
menu separator
04-25-2024, 05:16 PM
» Views: 300
‘‘Alloc magic broken’’ on...
04-25-2024, 05:07 PM
» Views: 174
请教一下,在unraid虚拟机启动碰到花屏的问题
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: abovo484
04-24-2024, 11:19 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 133
Image is torn into lines ...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: sklerder
04-19-2024, 11:12 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 636
Huge delay connecting ven...
Last Post: Master_X
04-18-2024, 08:15 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 402

Lenovo Thinkpad W500 Ventoy does not working
Posted by: odeex - 10-17-2020, 03:17 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Hallo,
on my W500 with MBR BIOS all Ventoy Version under 1.0.23 does not working, only the 1.0.23 and 1.0.24 works with small Isos under Memory Boot, so that a Windows Iso is to big for the 4g RAM.

the Strange is, that Lenovo Thinkpad T500 works with all Ventoy Versions under 1.0.23 without Memory Boot, so it can boot big Windows Isos and is working fine.
But the BIOS on W500 and T500 and the BIOS Settings are the same.

Have anyone an Idea ?

EDIT:
today i have copy the ventoy-1.0.24-livecd.iso and ubuntu-19.10-desktop-amd64.iso, Knoppix and a linux based Acronis.iso to the USB Stick, all linux based start without any problems on W500, Which kind of Problem consists ?

Print this item

Install Ventoy on Systemdisk [IDEA] ?
Posted by: mat-industries - 10-17-2020, 05:52 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

Just an idea, and whether it would be theoretically possible.
A great thing would be if you could install Ventoy on your system disk, and integrate Ventoy into the Windows 10 start menu.
Then you would be able to start any ISO at every startup, even without a USB stick.
Would such a thing be theoretically possible ??? I think this would be a killer feature for Ventoy.
Maybe longpanda could write its opinion about it.

It is just an idea. :-)

Print this item

New version?
Posted by: antbotsis - 10-16-2020, 11:33 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

Great work. I am checking more than 10 times daily for a newer version. By the way do you have any idea when a newer version will come out?

Print this item

Star [SOLVED] Set "default" image?
Posted by: Gooberpatrol66 - 10-16-2020, 03:58 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Is there a way to set one of the images as the default, so it will be booted automatically, if no other choices are selected?

Print this item

Star [SOLVED] debians netinstall does not work within ventoy
Posted by: jerry99 - 10-15-2020, 04:46 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

Hi,
I installed ventoy on an USB-stick and added some isos to install from.
When using the netinstall-iso of Debian constantly an error occurs configuring the packet manager.
The installer haltet and says:
INFO: Menu item "apt-setup-udeb" succeededbut requested to be left unconfifures.
The same iso alone on an USB stick worked fine.
Does one knows the reason ?

Print this item

Star [SOLVED] Modified Win10 iso (add ei.cfg) leads to EFI error
Posted by: clstrife - 10-15-2020, 12:41 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Hi,

So, Ventoy seems to be working fine with untouched Windows 10 ISO, but if I modify the ISO by adding the ei.cfg into the sources folder, the iso won't boot with the following error:

ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Invalid Parameter)
ASSERT [Ventoy] /home/share/Ventoy/EDKII/edk5-edk2-stable201911/MdePkg/Library/UefiMemoryAllocationLib/MemoryAllocationLib.c(813): !EFI_ERROR (Status)
No bootfile found for UEFI!
Maybe the image does not support X64 UEFI!

I saw this error in some other searches from google, but no response. I was wondering, is there something that needs to be done to make the iso properly bootable?

I used this guide to make the modified ISO:

https://www.wintips.org/how-to-edit-iso-...ble-image/#

It works when I use rufus to write the iso to a usb stick (my current Windows install was done with this modified ISO, before I discovered Ventoy). Also, when I mount both then use Beyond Compare to diff the 2 mounted drives, only the ei.cfg is different. There must be some structure type thing for ISOs I don't know about? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Print this item

Ventoy on Linux - need to format usb stick as ext3/4
Posted by: peter4747 - 10-14-2020, 11:31 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Dear all,

After numerous attempts with various programs to create a working multiboot usb stick, I finally succeeded with Ventoy. So I thank and congratulate the author for providing an excellent piece of software.

I am working on linux (mainly Mint 18), on an Asus CM6330 desktop with an intel i7 cpu, dating from 2012. I eventually used a new Sandisk Ultra 32 GB usb stick.

One problem which I had to overcome to get Ventoy working effectively was to format the main partition on the usb stick as ext3 (using Gparted), after installing Ventoy on the stick. If the default fat format of the partition was used, I could copy isos to the stick, and activate the Ventoy menu when booting, but no iso would load (whether in legacy or uefi mode). It is possible that the problem is limited to some rather old machines, but I suggest that the Ventoy documentation should indicate the desirability for linux users of formatting the main partition on the usb stick as ext3 after installing Ventoy on the stick.

Best wishes,
Peter Stone

Print this item

Ventoy is not bootable when the Bios is not in CSM mode
Posted by: xuo - 10-13-2020, 06:56 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

Hi,

I can boot without any issue using Ventoy if the BIOS of the PC is configured in CSM mode.
If I disable the CSM mode (and do NOT set the secure boot), then I can't boot on the Ventoy USB stick.
This could not be a problem but I "think" that, when I boot with the BIOS in CSM mode, this prevents my Mageia iso to be able to reconfigure the boot loader in case I need to do it.
I'd like to test to launch the Mageia iso with BIOS NOT set to CSM mode.
My question : do you know how to do to have the Ventoy USB stick to be bootable when the CSM mode of my Bios is not set ?

Regards.

Xuo.

Print this item

Lightbulb Cr OS Linux help...
Posted by: Wanako1 - 10-12-2020, 12:58 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

Hi everybody, I have been trying boot Cr OS Linux (ChromeOS)  but sadly without luck.
If any of you knows if there is something to make this boot possible... I left a link for easy access

Hopefully someone will be able to help!!!
Thanks
Smile

Print this item

Ventoy version upgrade in MEDICAT
Posted by: momosala - 10-11-2020, 11:10 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (8)

How can I upgrade Ventoy version in MEDICAT ?

Print this item