Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,345
» Latest member: ttwind
» Forum threads: 1,520
» Forum posts: 6,296

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 260 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 254 Guest(s)
Applebot, Ask.com, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
proxmox v8.2
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: jhmc93
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
Windows 10 Installation i...
Last Post: Grigo_R0
Yesterday, 12:46 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 35,949
Booting kernel 6.6 with ...
04-25-2024, 05:26 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 392
Haiku OS no ventoy yet..
04-25-2024, 05:23 PM
» Views: 344
Theme Backround Image
04-25-2024, 05:22 PM
» Views: 481
menu separator
04-25-2024, 05:16 PM
» Views: 298
‘‘Alloc magic broken’’ on...
04-25-2024, 05:07 PM
» Views: 172
请教一下,在unraid虚拟机启动碰到花屏的问题
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: abovo484
04-24-2024, 11:19 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 130
Image is torn into lines ...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: sklerder
04-19-2024, 11:12 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 632
Huge delay connecting ven...
Last Post: Master_X
04-18-2024, 08:15 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 392

TreeViewMode without the word "DIR"
Posted by: momosala - 10-11-2020, 10:29 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

Hello,
Is it possible to prevent the word "DIR" from appearing in front of folder names in the TreeViewMode menu?
Thank you.

Print this item

Video 【Share】A video about Ventoy theme and menu class customization
Posted by: longpanda - 10-08-2020, 02:15 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - No Replies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6wfVdNkHU4

Print this item

Support for .img files are broken in 1.0.22 ???
Posted by: mat-industries - 10-07-2020, 07:15 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (4)

I have tried to boot some .img files with ventoy newest version 1.0.22
I can´t get any img files working.
Is there a specification wich img formats are working, or is this funktion still broken ?

Print this item

Hide iso file size
Posted by: Templeton Peck - 10-07-2020, 12:31 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (3)

Hi,

is there a way to hide iso file size in boot menu?

Thanks

Templeton

Print this item

Windows 10 issues
Posted by: Intervence - 10-06-2020, 01:00 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

Hello!
I've faced a problem booting windows 10 ISO. After selecting appropriate menu entry i see black screen with underscore and after couple of seconds it gets me back to previous menu.
As far as I can see, last entries on logs are "no mapping". It tries couple of times and exit.
bonus question: is there a built-in option in ventoy for logging rather than editing boot entries manually?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Print this item

Feature request: Hidden ventoy folder
Posted by: Intervence - 10-06-2020, 12:11 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - No Replies

Hi! 
I have a suggestion: in general, ventoy folder on first partition is mostly for a theme customizations and usually not used daily. How about making it hidden out-of a box? Those who need customizations may read manual and find that folder and those sho don't need it, ...well they dont need it anyways.

---

For those who wish to hide it without damaging its functionality (at first i thought renaming it to .ventoy - that will not work)

Linux users
cd /your_flash_root_folder (e.g. /media/admin/ventoy)
echo ventoy > ./.hidden

Windows users
Just mark ventoy (and .hidden file if you did previous step) folder hidden in its properties. 
That's it. That will prevent ventoy folder to be accidently tampered while using flash drive

Print this item

Arch Linux ISO boots via BIOS, fails to boot via EFI
Posted by: mpb - 10-06-2020, 02:30 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (5)

On an Intel NUC, I can use Ventoy in BIOS mode to boot the Arch Linux installation ISO.

If, on the same Intel NUC, I use Ventoy and EFI mode, the boot will fail.

The failure messages is:

Waiting 30 seconds for device /dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_202010 ...
ERROR: '/dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_202010' device did not show up after 30 seconds.

I then get an emergency shell, and I can see the following devices in /dev/disk/by-label:  Recovery and VTOYEFI

Recovery is probably Windows 10 on another disk.

If, instead, I boot via BIOS, the following disks exist in /dev/disk/by-label:
ARCH_202010, Recovery, and VTOYEFI.  ARCH_202010 is a symlink to /dev/dm-0.

Attached are screenshots of (1) the EFI error message, and (2) ls -l /dev/disk/by-label after a successful BIOS boot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

BUG in Ventoy - "upgrade" in Linux
Posted by: GCMartin - 10-05-2020, 01:13 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

The Linux version BUG is reported here: https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php?tid=744

Further, the Ventoy product does NOT maintain "options" parity across; as, there is no "config" file saved from one release on its disk (sda2) for the next upgrade to use.

FYI!

Print this item

Persistence is Inonsistent
Posted by: wilmayo - 10-04-2020, 10:37 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (5)

Here is a screen shot of my ventoy directory on a usb memory stick:

And here is a screen shot of the ventoy.json file:

All of the .dat files were generated by CreatePersistentImg.sh and then copied to the ventoy directory and the names change as you see them. When booting from the usb memory stick, all of the ventoy menus look and function as they should. The Kbuntu iso starts and runs as expected and configuration changes are stored and remembered at the next startup, as expected.
The Ubuntu iso will not start up using the persistence file. It will start and run without persistence. All of the others start up and run with their persistence files, but no configuration changes are remembered on the next boot.
What am I doing wrong?

Print this item

Remove the suffix (extension) from the name in the menu
Posted by: momosala - 10-04-2020, 12:00 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

Is there a setting so that the sufixe (extension) of the ISO or WIM name does not appear in the menu list?
Thank you

I found in the documentation that it was possible to add in ventoy.json a "menu_alias" that allows to change the names of folders and files.
But considering the fact that my USB key contains several dozen ISOs, setting up the menu-alias would be tedious.
Isn't there a more global method to prevent file extensions from appearing in the menu?

Print this item