Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,295
» Latest member: aini123152008@qq.com
» Forum threads: 1,519
» Forum posts: 6,284

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 210 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 207 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Huge delay connecting ven...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Steve2926
3 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 41
My manager has restricted...
Last Post: Steve2926
3 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 733
Windows 10 Installation i...
Last Post: TadesaeN
Yesterday, 10:13 AM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 34,530
httpdisk.sys service erro...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: cleao
Yesterday, 09:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 55
Trouble installing Window...
Last Post: sklerder
04-15-2024, 10:42 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 598
Build Windows 11+Office21
Last Post: SPRINKILL
04-15-2024, 03:13 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 83
Adding custom grub entrie...
Last Post: nguyen ha thai trong
04-12-2024, 08:51 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 207
iVentoy-1.0.20 release
Last Post: petergu0326
04-12-2024, 07:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 488
PXE boot via USB Ethernet...
Last Post: jeffshead
04-11-2024, 11:24 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 672
Computers are not loading...
Last Post: ATechPCS
04-11-2024, 03:31 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 650

[SOLVED] Ventoy "-l" ... What does this do?
Posted by: GCMartin - 11-21-2020, 07:25 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

Would someone explain what and how to use the "-l" feature in v1.0.29?

Thanks

Print this item

solved 【Solved】Replace pluggin configuration (example)
Posted by: geole - 11-21-2020, 05:58 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (3)

Hello

For example  you write
"conf_replace": [
        {
            "iso": "/ubuntu-20.04-desktop-amd64.iso",
            "org": "/isolinux/txt.cfg",
            "new": "/ventoy/ubuntu.cfg"
        }
    ]

Are you sure it actually works like this

In my legacy test, there is a crash with the following message

Boot loader 
Live: File not found

OK

Print this item

solved 【Solved】Replace pluggin configuration (control)
Posted by: geole - 11-21-2020, 05:49 PM - Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum - Replies (6)

Hello

During the boot on the USB key, it is possible to press the F5 key in order to check the quality of the plugging 

This works perfectly well for the "conf_replace" plugin.

This makes it possible to verify that the names indicated correspond to files.

Would it be possible to do the same for the other two plugging "conf_replace_legacy" and "conf_replace_uefi"?

Thank you

Print this item

External harddisk is not recognized/not available in the boot menu
Posted by: Werniman - 11-19-2020, 01:08 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

Hello,
I use an Asus M5A97 R2.0 board with a UEFI bios. Windows 10 (installed in BIOS mode) and Manjaro 20.1.2 (installed in UEFI mode) are used as operating system. Both are installed on different SSD. No boot manager like Grub2 is used, I have to use the boot menu of the computer (F8 key after booting the computer) to select the desired operating system. That is also intended. Each hard disk is listed twice: 1x under her normal name and 1x with the prefix "UEFI".

Furthermore, I still own 3 external storage media:  an external 3.5" HDD, a docking station and a 2.5" HDD. 

Now I have two problems:

Problem one:  When I start Ventoy under Windows, I only see the 3.5" HDD and the disk in the docking station. If I install Ventoy on it, I can also boot the computer from it and everything works perfectly. But I have to select the UEFI entry for the hard disk in the boot menu, they don't start with the normal entry.
However, I would also like to install Ventoy on the 2.5" HDD. But this does not work, because the hard disk is found by Windows, but not by Ventoy.  Why is that and how can I install Ventoy on it?

Problem 2: I have installed Ventoy on Manjaro as a test and thus installed Ventoy on the 2.5" HDD. As installation command I have entered this:  "./Ventoy -i -g /dev/sdd" 
The "-g" is necessary because the 2.5" HDD is larger than 2TB and therefore MBR will not work. 
The result: When I now try to boot from this hard disk, I only get the text "GR" in the upper left corner. This is probably due to the fact that I have no choice of UEFI mode for the 2.5" HDD, i.e. the entry is simply missing. How can I install Ventoy so that the computer also recognises this disk in UEFI mode?

Print this item

Thumbs Down Win10xPE Work Very Nice With Ventoy
Posted by: haiphong - 11-15-2020, 09:49 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

Hello ALL,

Win10xPE Work Very Nice With Ventoy.

For Download Win10xPE ==> http://win10se.cwcodes.net/Compressed/index.php

My Win10PE ScreenShot :

[Image: mini_201115105017909067.jpg]

Regards

Print this item

Ventoy 1.0.28: Prohibition for use in a non-standard environment
Posted by: Van Flusen - 11-15-2020, 08:18 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

Quote:
Ventoy 1.0.28:
Recently, I received some special error reports, which finally proved to be the cause of the non-standard Ventoy environment. Especially use Ventoy in a single partition environment.
Although Ventoy displays Unofficial's label information, users will not care and will still think it is a Ventoy problem. Ventoy has been an overall design from the beginning, and has not considered integration into other bootloader or partition environments. Ventoy's verification and subsequent development of new features will not consider this non-standard usage. Therefore, I decided to prohibit the use of Ventoy in a non-standard environment and no longer accept requests for deregulation. Of course, this is just the default behavior of Ventoy. Ventoy is still 100% open source. If you want to apply Ventoy in your own environment, you can fork a branch and modify the source code implementation.

I use a flash drive created with Origianal Ventoy.
But I also use a flash drive created with E2B+agFM+Ventoy.
Some of the ISO's that were declared as tested a long time ago don't work for me with Ventoy anymore or work incorrectly.
For this purpose I use E2B+agFM+Ventoy, because some ISO's, which do not work properly with Ventoy, work in E2B+agFM for example as .imgPTN.
Both tools, Ventoy and E2B in combination with agFM have their advantages and disadvantages. Why not combine them?

It should be clear to every user to test a problem with Ventoy first with a Ventoy Original Flash drive before contacting longpanda.

Otherwise the problem is with E2B+agFM+Ventoy and therefore the problem should be reported to Steve at E2B.

That can't be that difficult!

After longpanda's decision to prevent Ventoy from being integrated into E2B, I now have to work with 2 Flash drives to take advantage of both tools.

What is your opinion about longpanda's decision?

Print this item

Thumbs Up Thanks Longpanda for Ventoy!!
Posted by: spanspek - 11-15-2020, 02:56 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (5)

Wow! Ventoy has made my Linux-life so much better ... easier, faster!

The name "Ventoy" makes me wonder though ... where did it come from? Especially the "toy" part, because it is really more of a TOOL than a TOY Smile .

I have one request for the developer(s?) ... is there a possibility that Ventoy could support .sblive (systemback) files?

Thanks AGAIN for a very COOL TOOL!!!

Print this item

Secure login for live mode?
Posted by: HereIAmNow - 11-14-2020, 02:16 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

I've tried to create a secure login using persistence with a live ISO (I was using Mint 20) but it always allowed me to login just by clicking the place to type a password, without actually typing it.  This isn't very secure at all.  Is there a way to enable this which would work?

Or otherwise, is there a way to put a secure login on Ventoy itself, before it even boots the OS?  I don't care where the login is as long as it exists.  Thanks.

Print this item

Photo 无法安装win10系统
Posted by: 简单就好 - 11-14-2020, 05:26 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

我在技嘉G41主板上安装win10系统,进入安装页面后,按enter键无法安装,无反应,是怎么回事?

Print this item

Read-only Persistence?
Posted by: HereIAmNow - 11-13-2020, 01:56 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (6)

Please read the whole post because I approach this from several angles:

I'm trying to figure out how to do something and I have a few related questions.  I want to be able to make a live Linux that will persist, but then I can set it to use the persistence file as read-only, so that it will still keep all the changes that I've made to that point, but not make any new ones, so I can save on wear and tear for my USB stick, and lock in the settings that I want.

First of all, when exactly does Ventoy update its persistence file - during shutdown or at any arbitrary time?  So if I yank the USB drive before shutting down then will that prevent it from writing?

But more importantly, how can I make the file read-only, so that once I have it all set up the way that I want it, I can prevent further changes, and also save on wear and tear for my USB stick?  Is there some line I can put into the .json file to just prevent it from writing anything to the drive?

I've tried disabling persistence in the .json file but that seems to ignore the file completely, thus reverting everything to defaults, but I need to be able to read and use the customizations that I've made.  And I've also tried making the persistence file itself read-only (I disabled all write capabilities for all users), but it still somehow keeps updating, without even changing the date modified information!

Alternatively, is there a way that I can take all of the data in the persistence file and just put that into the ISO itself, to update it and build a new ISO or modify the existing one, so that I can just boot from that and turn off persistence?

And if none of this stuff is possible then PLEASE consider making an update for a new .json parameter to make persistence read-only!  It should be very easy to implement - just use whatever function is for writing to the drive and make it conditional.  I even tried looking into the source code myself but there are so many files and folders that I can't figure out how to fix it, much less how to even compile it so that I can redeploy it onto a USB stick (I'm new to Linux, btw).

Print this item