Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,407
» Latest member: 5m1l3
» Forum threads: 1,529
» Forum posts: 6,319

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 196 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 193 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Computers are not loading...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: geryescalier
Yesterday, 05:34 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,403
iventoy install window fa...
Last Post: lh2118
Yesterday, 09:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 51
Why is Ventoy based on GR...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: edwardsjethro
Yesterday, 02:03 AM
» Views: 97
Support for Floppy Disk I...
Last Post: Steve2926
05-09-2024, 05:03 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 17,193
PXE boot via USB Ethernet...
Last Post: jeffshead
05-09-2024, 09:59 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,261
Cannot start iventoy.sh o...
Last Post: cmonty14
05-09-2024, 07:27 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 171
iventoy boot .wim, .vhd(x...
Last Post: nguyen ha thai trong
05-07-2024, 12:16 PM
» Views: 94
Issues with PXE Boot on H...
Last Post: boktai1000
05-04-2024, 05:28 AM
» Views: 166
Install windows to 100 pc...
Last Post: nguyen ha thai trong
05-03-2024, 12:40 PM
» Views: 147
Persistent possible with ...
Last Post: Steve2926
05-02-2024, 08:16 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 272

More Information about json file
Posted by: aboamir@gmail.com - 05-31-2020, 10:04 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

hi

I would like to have more information about json file parameters i think pdf file or any thing we can download and browse it offline 
will be good idea . i have last days how the ventoy Developer solve any problem very fast and the users are very happy and day by day more iso live cd  collation  are add new version release i want to say many thanks to developer team.

donate some money for this project will be very nice to keep our dream go on

thanks Heart

Print this item

[SOLVED] persistence difficulty
Posted by: captain-sensible - 05-31-2020, 12:37 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (21)

i have no problem with formating disk and have several iso's in a 14gig stick all but one booted.

on a new 4gig stick i am trying to get persistence with  linuxmint-19.3-xfce-64bit.iso which i note docs mention has been tested.

First my formated usb stick when mounted. it looks like  this:

ventoy
├── CreatePersistentImg.sh
├── ISO
│   └── linuxmint-19.3-xfce-64bit.iso
├── persistence.img
└── ventoy.json

in ventoy.json I have :

{

"control": [
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_MENU_MODE": "1" },
        { "VTOY_FILT_DOT_UNDERSCORE_FILE": "1" },
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_SEARCH_ROOT": "/ISO/" }
    ]

"persistence" : [
        {
            "image": "/ISO/linuxmint-19.3-xfce-64bit.iso",
            "backend": "persistence.img"
        }
    ],

//there was a missing ", "    above but still not working

}

the first thing i note is that when CreatePersistentImg.sh is run i get a file  called  "persistence.img"
i did see in docs such as :

/persistence/ubuntu_20.04_1.img",",

would i be right that  persistence.img is renamed to "ubuntu_20.04_1.img"
and is at /ventoy/persistence/ubuntu_20.04_1.img and ventoy.json is edited accordingly ?

also when running CreatePersistentImg.sh i get an issue:

bash-5.0$ cd /run/media/andrew/ventoy/
bash-5.0$ ls --color
CreatePersistentImg.sh  ISO  ventoy.json
bash-5.0$ su
Password:
bash-5.0# chmod a+x CreatePersistentImg.sh
bash-5.0# ./CreatePersistentImg.sh
1024+0 records in
1024+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 113.815 s, 9.4 MB/s
mke2fs 1.45.5 (07-Jan-2020)
/dev/loop0 contains `ISO-8859 text, with very long lines, with no line terminators' data
Proceed anyway? (y,N)

i just entered y
as i say i acn boot iso but there is no sign of choice of choice of selecting persisitence

Print this item

用MediaCreationTool2004下载的32位64位二合的ISO不支持
Posted by: fhx123 - 05-30-2020, 11:59 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (6)

用MediaCreationTool2004从官网下载的32位64位二合的ISO可以启动,但进入安装系统时会提示找不到驱动,安装进行不下去。

Print this item

Rename Function
Posted by: vishalvodro - 05-30-2020, 06:26 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

The 1.0.12 release is a huge improvement without a doubt! Many implementations have been done. Only found one option is missing or required, i.e: Rename function on the go.

Since Ventoy doesn't work on those ISOs with Space in it's name, it's better if we could Rename those files there only while ventoy is on. And next reboot we can get it worked smoothly...

Thank you for your tremendous development.

It's a revaluation in the USB ON THE GO era...

From INDIA with LOVE...

Print this item

fat32 filesystem type support for the first partition
Posted by: dee - 05-26-2020, 05:10 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (1)

Since 1.0.10 release a lot file system formats supported by Ventoy.But fat32 is not. It would be great to add support FAT32 sine many older linux distros does not support exFat and windows distros not supporting ext file system. Minor disadvantage is file size less than 4GB per ISO but i can live with it.

Print this item

switching between tree mode and default mode
Posted by: FOW0RYL - 05-26-2020, 08:26 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (7)

Hello,
I have added the  Global Plugin code to the existing theme entry in the ventoy.json file.
Ventoy is startin in treemode as described. Works fine so far.
At the bottom line there is a permanent hint "F3: Treemode".
When pressing F3, the system switched to default mode. But the hint doesn't change.
When pressing F3 again nothing happens. When playing around, I found that I have to press alternating ESC and F3, to switch between modes. Confusing.

I would like to have a correct hint Smile

Print this item

Custom theme fonts
Posted by: PlumberOfSound - 05-26-2020, 02:10 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (5)

Playing around with Ventoy and themes I found that the theme fonts (or custom fonts I create) are not loaded unless I add the to the EFI partition under grub/fonts and then edit grub.cfg and add them in using loadfonts.  I'm no grub expert so maybe there is a better way to to do this that is more dynamic?  Or is this a feature request to be something that is configurable in the theme object in ventoy.json?

Print this item

Using ventoy to install opensense[error in mounting CD/DVD-device]
Posted by: Thhunder - 05-25-2020, 09:54 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

Hey Guys,
i'll try to use Ventoy to install my firewallsoftware opensense. first it boots correctly, but at one time its looking for an CD/DVD-ROM device to mount, at this point it breaks up because Ventoy maybe does not emulate this correct?
opensense is based on freeBSD and starts at a live-system at the first point there looks it good after the bootscreen of opensense you can chose to boot up as single user or multiuser system or an rescue mode (if i remember correctly) at this point is anything ok.
After it starts to bootup it goes into the live mode and fails at the point when it mounts up the filesystem from the CD/DVD-ROM it fails because there is no hardware CD/DVD to find and no CD/DVD-ROM device.

after all, i love it to use ventoy because i have less time with flashing an iso to USB stick anymore so please work on it more it's the best tool i have ever found on the web!

greets

Thh

Print this item

auto_install grub entries
Posted by: PlumberOfSound - 05-25-2020, 09:30 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (10)

New to Ventoy and already a fan.  The part that pulled me to Ventoy over anything else, including hardware based ISO emulators, was the auto_install plugin, essentially raising Ventoy above simple ISO booting to a full fledged kickstart.  A a question on auto_install, however: once I configure a auto_install entry does that create a unique grub entry or does it mean that every time I attempt to boot the ISO configured it always uses the kickstart script?

Print this item

Grub File Manager to Ventoy Boot
Posted by: awengers44 - 05-23-2020, 05:56 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (7)

Seamless transition between multiboot systems.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahBcxLpU2Eg
Shortcut key f6
https://yadi.sk/d/upifZh-ciDq2zw

Print this item