Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Installation issues
(02-02-2023, 10:42 AM)itx Wrote: [[solution]]
Been dealing with this same problem for few days. The installer say: "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files."
I've tried all the internet suggested with no avail. I thought it was the ventoy, so i try another program to burn the iso to USB. Apparently it produce the same error. So i concluded the problem is the disk or the windows installer that interact with it, not the ventoy.
Then i plugged out all other HD except the one that i want to install the windows. And voila, it went through without the problem.

There's a few ways this goes wrong.

Firstly, the drive you're attempting to install Window's onto could have an issue. Are you sure it's not in read only mode or write protected? If it's an M.2 drive ensure it's not read only as some manufacturers have firmware protection, so that when the drive becomes faulty it will lock it so you can read data off of it.

Otherwise, it could be that you haven't got a clean disk to install on. I recommend bringing up the command prompt while you are inside the Windows installer, running diskpart, selecting the disk, and type "clean" - then reattempt it.