Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,987
» Latest member: chao042
» Forum threads: 1,584
» Forum posts: 6,506

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 140 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 137 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google

Latest Threads
Ventoy 1.0.99 is the fina...
Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Epictetus
6 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 106
WindowsPE - load necessar...
Last Post: Nierewa
8 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 8,794
Is it time to update Vent...
Last Post: Epictetus
09-14-2024, 03:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 552
"shim_lock protocol not f...
Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum
Last Post: AzJazz
09-13-2024, 08:19 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 113
iventoy安装debian12.6花屏
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: Tazimi
09-13-2024, 07:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 86
Installing SSL Certificat...
Forum: iVentoy Discussion Forum
Last Post: pleasehelp
09-10-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 126
Ventoy enroll key manager...
Last Post: asheroto
09-10-2024, 10:46 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6,133
ventoy可以引导我的系统,如何设置开机默认启动...
Forum: Ventoy Plugin Forum
Last Post: sevk
09-10-2024, 07:52 AM
» Views: 132
Something has gone seriou...
Last Post: bigcid10
09-09-2024, 01:33 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 2,124
pfSense boots but fails t...
Last Post: rappelkiste
09-09-2024, 07:05 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 16,507

switching between tree mode and default mode
Posted by: FOW0RYL - 05-26-2020, 08:26 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (7)

Hello,
I have added the  Global Plugin code to the existing theme entry in the ventoy.json file.
Ventoy is startin in treemode as described. Works fine so far.
At the bottom line there is a permanent hint "F3: Treemode".
When pressing F3, the system switched to default mode. But the hint doesn't change.
When pressing F3 again nothing happens. When playing around, I found that I have to press alternating ESC and F3, to switch between modes. Confusing.

I would like to have a correct hint Smile

Print this item

Custom theme fonts
Posted by: PlumberOfSound - 05-26-2020, 02:10 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (5)

Playing around with Ventoy and themes I found that the theme fonts (or custom fonts I create) are not loaded unless I add the to the EFI partition under grub/fonts and then edit grub.cfg and add them in using loadfonts.  I'm no grub expert so maybe there is a better way to to do this that is more dynamic?  Or is this a feature request to be something that is configurable in the theme object in ventoy.json?

Print this item

Using ventoy to install opensense[error in mounting CD/DVD-device]
Posted by: Thhunder - 05-25-2020, 09:54 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

Hey Guys,
i'll try to use Ventoy to install my firewallsoftware opensense. first it boots correctly, but at one time its looking for an CD/DVD-ROM device to mount, at this point it breaks up because Ventoy maybe does not emulate this correct?
opensense is based on freeBSD and starts at a live-system at the first point there looks it good after the bootscreen of opensense you can chose to boot up as single user or multiuser system or an rescue mode (if i remember correctly) at this point is anything ok.
After it starts to bootup it goes into the live mode and fails at the point when it mounts up the filesystem from the CD/DVD-ROM it fails because there is no hardware CD/DVD to find and no CD/DVD-ROM device.

after all, i love it to use ventoy because i have less time with flashing an iso to USB stick anymore so please work on it more it's the best tool i have ever found on the web!

greets

Thh

Print this item

auto_install grub entries
Posted by: PlumberOfSound - 05-25-2020, 09:30 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (10)

New to Ventoy and already a fan.  The part that pulled me to Ventoy over anything else, including hardware based ISO emulators, was the auto_install plugin, essentially raising Ventoy above simple ISO booting to a full fledged kickstart.  A a question on auto_install, however: once I configure a auto_install entry does that create a unique grub entry or does it mean that every time I attempt to boot the ISO configured it always uses the kickstart script?

Print this item

Grub File Manager to Ventoy Boot
Posted by: awengers44 - 05-23-2020, 05:56 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (7)

Seamless transition between multiboot systems.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahBcxLpU2Eg
Shortcut key f6
https://yadi.sk/d/upifZh-ciDq2zw

Print this item

[FEATURE REQUEST] Resize the existing partition instead of format the drive
Posted by: KaMyKaSii - 05-23-2020, 12:44 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

I know you haven't added that support yet because you don't want a headache with users losing their data and blaming you, but I don't see why not adding a parameter to resize and install Ventoy keeping current data. You just need to make it clear that the user is responsible for any data loss. Today I did it manually on my external HD and it worked perfectly, if anyone wants to try it, here are the instructions:

To boot with UEFI:

1. Install Ventoy on any flash drive and make a dd backup of the second partition EFI that Ventoy created on the flash drive
    Code:
    sudo dd if=/path/to/the/part2/of/ventoy/flash/drive of=part2-EFI.img

2. Resize the NTFS partition of the external HD using Gparted or any similar tool, leaving 32MB at the end of the disk and then create an ext4 partition in that space (on the first attempt Gparted failed because my NTFS partition had some errors, I had to restart on Windows first and run the command "chkdsk /f /x H:" on my external HD to correct these errors).
  3. Restore the dd backup of the second partition EFI on the second partition that you created before
    Code:
    sudo dd if=part2-EFI.img of=/path/to/the/part2/of/external/hd

To boot with Legacy BIOS:

1. First you need to follow all the steps for UEFI
  2. Backup the first 1MiB of a flash drive created by Ventoy
    Code:
    sudo dd if=/path/to/ventoy/flash/drive of=VentoyMBRandGAP.img bs=1MiB count=1

3. Backup the original MBR of the external HD as a precaution in case something goes wrong
    Code:
    sudo dd if=/path/to/external/hd of=OriginalMBRandGAP.img bs=1MiB count=1

4. Backup the original partition table of the external HD
    Code:
    sudo dd if=/path/to/external/hd of=OriginalPartitionTable.img skip=446 bs=1 count=64

5. First you have to check by GParted that your first partition starts in sector 2048 (1048576 bytes). If yes, you can restore the VentoyMBRandGAP.img to the external HD
    Code:
    sudo dd if=VentoyMBRandGAP.img of=/path/to/external/hd bs=1MiB count=1

6. Restore his original partition table
    Code:
    sudo dd if=OriginalPartitionTable.img of=/path/to/external/hd seek=446 bs=1 count=64

7. Use fdisk to change the partition 2 type and set the boot flag (you need to paste all lines at once on terminal and press enter)
    Code:
    echo "t
    ef
    a
    w" | sudo fdisk /path/to/external/hd

Notes:
When I say "/path/to/ventoy/flash/drive" or "/path/to/external/hd" I mean the path of the entire block device such as "/dev/sdb" or "/dev/sdc".
When I say "/path/to/the/part2/of/ventoy/flash/drive" or "/path/to/the/part2/of/external/hd" I mean the path of the specific partition block such as "/dev/sdb2" or "/dev/sdc2"
You can find these values on your system using the lsblk command

Print this item

No bootfile found for UEFI!
Posted by: pwright2 - 05-21-2020, 12:54 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - No Replies

The most common failure I find for isos is "No bootfile found for UEFI!  Maybe the image does not support X64 UEFI."

Is there  a workaround?

-----Paul-----

Print this item

PC will not load Ventoy
Posted by: Hairy Mutley - 05-19-2020, 05:24 PM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (20)

I have a PC a rather old Advent laptop with Intel Dual-Core T3200 64 bit processor.
I can use Etcher to put a Linux Mint iso onto a USB stick and get the PC to boot from it
However, if I reformat the USB with Ventoy (1.0.10) and put the Linux Mint ISO on it, the PC will not boot from it. It doesn't show the Ventoy selection menu, it just moves onto the next bootable device.
If I use this USB with Ventoy on a different PC, it boots Ventoy and then Linux Mint without a problem.

Clearly the PC can handle the USB stick.
Also, the Ventoy installation on the stick is OK.
But, the PC is unable to handle Ventoy as a bootable media.

Any suggestions how to find out what is wrong?

Print this item

Flash disk cannot boot
Posted by: iliyan_pi - 05-19-2020, 07:48 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (2)

Hi, everything worked fine , but after removing flash, on net start it cnanot boot - "..not such operating system..." and went to rescue mode. How recover FaT partition not afecting fist one?
Tank You!

(05-19-2020, 07:48 AM)iliyan_pi Wrote: Hi, everything worked fine , but after removing flash, on net start it cnanot boot - "..not such operating system..." and went to rescue mode. How recover FaT partition not afecting fist one?
Tank You!
May be I should do upgrade command in new install?

Print this item

Change the Theme of Enventory
Posted by: totik - 05-19-2020, 05:10 AM - Forum: Ventoy Discussion Forum - Replies (12)

Hello Support-Team,

i want to change the Ventory theme.
I have Extract this theme, which i from this website downloaded

https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1342054/sta...ze=1271976

unfortunately i can't see the theme changes when booting the USB Drive.
have I done something wrong?

attached are screenshots, theme.txt and ventory json files.
Thanks in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   theme.txt (Size: 989 bytes / Downloads: 11)
Print this item