Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Image is torn into lines and stretched significantly, on Windows Boot.
Hello everyone,  I have the problem when I want to start a Windows image with iventoy that my display is incorrect. The image is torn into lines and stretched significantly. See pictures..  Ubuntu, however, starts without any problems.  I tested Windows 10 and Windows 11.  Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone help here?

Thank you

Ramset

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Ramset.
Yes, this rather frequent. Maybe you can avoid it by trying resolutions before launching the image ...
Number of us are expecting a significant amelioration in the next version.

That said, if you are working in unattended mode for Windows, it should work correctly if your unattended.xml script is OK.
Okay for everyone who had this problem... its an Resolution Problem. I had an 1440P Screen but the resolution who worked for me is 1024x768. I hope you find yours Smile

Good Luck.
Cool
(03-28-2024, 05:05 PM)Ramset Wrote: Okay for everyone who had this problem... its an Resolution Problem. I had an 1440P Screen but the resolution who worked for me is 1024x768. I hope you find yours Smile

Good Luck.

I have a Dell 7400 2-in-1 that I'm testing and I get the following screen when PXE booting Windows ISO's:
[Image: oQdulmS.jpeg]

This is what the screen looks like if I boot the same ISO from a USB drive:
[Image: w1D9a3X.jpeg]

So how do I fix this?

I tried adding the following auto install script but it doesn't seem to make any difference:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
    <settings pass="windowsPE">
        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
            <Display>
                <ColorDepth>32</ColorDepth>
                <HorizontalResolution>1024</HorizontalResolution>
                <RefreshRate>60</RefreshRate>
                <VerticalResolution>768</VerticalResolution>
            </Display>
            <RunSynchronous>
                <RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
                    <Order>1</Order>
                    <Path>reg add HKLM\System\Setup\LabConfig /v BypassTPMCheck /t reg_dword /d 0x00000001 /f</Path>
                </RunSynchronousCommand>
                    <Order>2</Order>
                    <Path>reg add HKLM\System\Setup\LabConfig /v BypassSecureBootCheck /t reg_dword /d 0x00000001 /f</Path>
                </RunSynchronousCommand>
                    <Order>3</Order>
                    <Path>reg add HKLM\System\Setup\LabConfig /v BypassRAMCheck /t reg_dword /d 0x00000001 /f</Path>
                </RunSynchronousCommand>
                    <Order>5</Order>
                    <Path>reg add HKLM\System\Setup\LabConfig /v BypassCPUCheck /t reg_dword /d 0x00000001 /f</Path>
                </RunSynchronousCommand>
                    <Order>4</Order>
                    <Path>reg add HKLM\System\Setup\LabConfig /v BypassStorageCheck /t reg_dword /d 0x00000001 /f</Path>
                </RunSynchronousCommand>
            </RunSynchronous>
            <UserData>
                <ProductKey>
                    <Key></Key>
                </ProductKey>
            </UserData>
        </component>
        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
            <OOBE>
                <HideOnlineAccountScreens>true</HideOnlineAccountScreens>
                <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>
            <ProtectYourPC>3</ProtectYourPC>
            </OOBE>
        </component>
    </settings>
</unattend>

UPDATE:

https://github.com/ventoy/PXE/issues/11

So it seems this is an ongoing issue that still hasn't been or can't be resolved???

Thanks for adding the Screen Resolution option to the Tools menu as a workaround :-)
[Image: 0JiDIwM.jpeg]

So the question still remains... Why does booting the same ISO's from USB always work but when PXE booting with iVentoy you have to manually set the screen resolution?
Hi !
Maybe you could solve the issue by using an external screen (HDMI, DVI, VGA) with a known resolution.

Alas, screen resolution at boot time is a really annoying problem, and is not simple to solve (even Microsoft seems to be impacted with this problem, the difference of comportment between W10/W11, MBR mode /UEFI mode and other configurations tend to prove it).