Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Using Active@ KillDisk
I have the "Professional" version and have used it to make the boot disk ISO - and added that ISO to Ventoy.

It boots up just fine, it 'sees' the Ventoy Disk but it does not 'see' the fixed SSD with the C\- drive on it.

Any thoughts?
Maybe it does not have the required driver for the SSD interface? Since its the Pro version and you paid for it - why not ask the Active@ company?
(11-29-2023, 10:14 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: Maybe it does not have the required driver for the SSD interface? Since its the Pro version and you paid for it - why not ask the Active@ company?

Thanks - I have asked them.

Interestingly, in BOTH cases: ie., using the KillDisk-generated ISO in Ventoy and using a separate KillDisk-created boot-USB stick, KillDisk sees the SSD which Ventoy is on but does not see the other (fixed) SSD which has the C\- partition.
If I go in to the BIOS and change the Storage type from RAID to AHCI, KillDisk then 'sees' the SSD.

Of course that is a bit of a pain because you have to go back in to the BIOS and change it back to enable the OS to boot. All the other programs on my Ventoy disk see the SSD without any such fiddling. I think I should expect better from a paid (KillDisk) program.
ah RAID - you didn't mention that. Did you tell them that? Why would you use RAID for one SSD?
Well that would probably require a RAID driver which they may not include.
Sometimes there is a way of adding extra drivers when making the ISO, and it is not unreasonable to have to add in a RAID driver for your particular system.
I am unsure as to whether you can expect it to boot if you change from AHCI to RAID?
And most interestingly, Sergei Strelec's WinPE has a version of Active@ KillDisk which DOES see the SSD with the C\- partition WITHOUT any BIOS jiggery-pokery.
(12-04-2023, 11:18 PM)Epictetus Wrote: Sergei Strelec's WinPE

Wow.
Hi, I am new to Ventoy.
But a boot trouble and a read-only stick access messages, no matter which commands from, format, delete, attributes and so on.

I did read the years about WinPE, but - not only - Microsoft´s description only confuses me.
But after trying the current KillDisk limited version without success: ist his WinPE-version different ? Is this WinPE Kill-Disk version full functional ?
Thank You very much.
And where to download, please ?
(12-08-2023, 02:33 AM)visionhelp Wrote:

As far as I can tell, the version of KillDisk on SS is fully functional. MORE functional in fact (in terms of reading the SSD with the C\- partition) than the KillDisk Ultimate I paid for.

You can download SS here: https://sergeistrelec.name/

Wow.
Hi, I am new to Ventoy.
But a boot trouble and a read-only stick access messages, no matter which commands from, format, delete, attributes and so on.

I did read the years about WinPE, but - not only - Microsoft´s description only confuses me.
But after trying the current KillDisk limited version without success: ist his WinPE-version different ? Is this WinPE Kill-Disk version full functional ?
Thank You very much.
And where to download, please ?

As far as I can tell, the version of KillDisk on SS is fully functional. MORE functional in fact (in terms of reading the SSD with the C\- partition) than the KillDisk Ultimate I paid for.

Wow.
(Still staying confused.) But A big thank to You. Getting hope for the (still) unaccessable stick.
(12-08-2023, 10:20 AM)visionhelp Wrote:

Wow.
big thank

Sorry. Hopefully not off-topic.
The download there does not work for me.
Could download there https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details...winpe.html
But sadnesslly the checks SHA1 and MD5 numbers (in compare to the numbers of the creator´s website) did fail.
And there are (many) viruses warnings at majorgeeks.com in the comments.