Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Problem installing & runnung iVentoy
Hi there, newbie here!
I have tried to install iVentoy onto my Raspberry Pi, but I am stuck!
using the terminal, i used wget to download the image, then I had to use
Code:
gzip -d -r iventoy-1.0.18-linux-free.tar.gz
tar -xf iventoy-1.0.18-linux-free.tar
to get it all extracted, then after I'd copied a small ISO to it to test, on running the app I get the following message:
Code:
/home/pi/iventoy-1.0.18/lib/iventoy: 1: /home/pi/iventoy-1.0.18/lib/iventoy: 1:ELF: not found
Can somebody help me get this installed and working please?
I use Ventoy for all my boot SSD's and I have never had a single problem using it, I was hoping iVentoy would be the same level of ease in getting setup!

Thanks all in asvance anyway,

Arty.
Come on guys, 16 views in 3 hours and NOBODY can help me??

The full error(s) I get are:
Code:
▒4: not foundtoy/lib/iventoy: 1: lV▒▒qX▒▒▒9▒▒▒▒9▒
/home/pi/iVentoy/lib/iventoy: 1:ELF: not found
/home/pi/iVentoy/lib/iventoy: 2: ▒: not found
/home/pi/iVentoy/lib/iventoy: 3: t=y: not found
/home/pi/iVentoy/lib/iventoy: 4: ▒▒3: not found
/home/pi/iVentoy/lib/iventoy: 5: N: not found
/home/pi/iVentoy/lib/iventoy: 6: ▒: not found
PuTTY/home/pi/iVentoy/lib/iventoy: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
iventoy start FAILED
Can somebody decrypt these for me please? Also, if the free version wont even load for me to evaluate it, why am I expected to pay for a license that'll probably be a waste of money if it don't work..
iVentoy program can only run on X86 CPU, so Raspberry Pi is not supported.
(09-11-2023, 01:05 AM)longpanda Wrote: iVentoy program can only run on X86 CPU, so Raspberry Pi is not supported.
Not true, the paid for version  has ARM64 Support, aka Raspberry Pi 4...but I want to be able to test it to make sure it works before I pay for it...
For PXE, there is a server machine and many client machines.
The server machine run iVentoy, and all the client machines boot from network and download boot files from the server machine.

iVentoy can only run on x86 CPU as the PXE server,  that is to say the server machine can only be x86 CPU.
The client machines can be x86/ARM64 CPU.
(09-11-2023, 03:33 PM)longpanda Wrote: For PXE, there is a server machine and many client machines.
The server machine run iVentoy, and all the client machines boot from network and download boot files from the server machine.

iVentoy can only run on x86 CPU as the PXE server,  that is to say the server machine can only be x86 CPU.

OK then, this product is not for me, I shall spend my money elsewhere.. goodbye.
(09-11-2023, 03:33 PM)longpanda Wrote: For PXE, there is a server machine and many client machines.

This is VERY strange, I've just setup iVentoy on my Windows 10 PC and it works perfectly! And YES, my PC IS 64-bit, it's an AMD RYZEN 9 5900X so it's definitely 64bit, running Windows 10... Yup you got it, 64 bit, and get this, I am using it to install the 64bit version of Windows 8.1 on my laptop... Thats ALSO 64 bit!! So why can it work on my PC but NOT on Raspberry Pi?? If you could make a version that'd work on that I'd definitely be interested! In fact, I'm so impressed with the PC version I AM going to buy the pro licence as a thank you, thank you for the current build, and thank you for future versions  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Still, your Raspberry has an ARM processor. iVentoy would need to be compiled for armhf or aarch64 (depending which raspberry).

Currently it's only for i386 / amd64 (which your Ryzen is).

So, not strange at all.