Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Windows 7 As Host
I can't use my windows 7 as host for iVentoy since the beginning till recent 1.0.17
It start and open web link but nothing working and non clickable and frozen, I check on one PC and one laptop with Win7 and both have same Freeze symptom
The freeze maybe go away after a while but click on one item and again freezing
The Green play not start or if start, iVentoy immediately will Crash. i check with different Windows ISOs
It work fine on Windows 10 LTSB and i can manage it from my Windows 7 PC browser
I read in some post you said it only need Visual C++ .. both my Win7 are fully updated and with latest Visual C++
can you please tell me if Win7x64 supported? and if yes is there any Requirements ?

Thank you for great SW
Can it work if you start iVentoy on your Windows 7 PC but use the browser to visit the UI in your Windows 10 PC?
(07-23-2023, 08:39 AM)longpanda Wrote: Can it work if you  start iVentoy on your Windows 7 PC but use the browser to visit the UI in your Windows 10 PC?
it didn't work before but I test right now 1.0.17 on win7 and it work from win10 Browser very smoothly !
on win7 browser still same freeze and not clickable situation.
I don't know what can be the cause of this, I disable all of my browser add-on and disable Antivirus, also exclude iVentoy_64.exe also test x86 version no luck
can it be because Google Chrome not update on Win7 anymore? iVentoy start Chrome no mater what is default browser, so it have any file dependency from Chrome that not updated ?
I will Test installation from my WIn7 PC by controlling it from Win10 PC and report back if it goes OK.
I tested Install from my Win7 By controlling it's Web UI from Win10 PC and everything was OK.
By the way it still can't be managed in UI by Win7 that iventoy Start.
Conversely, can it work if you start iVentoy on your Windows 10 PC but use the browser to visit the UI in your Windows 7 PC?
(07-28-2023, 03:29 PM)longpanda Wrote: Conversely, can it work if you start iVentoy on your Windows 10 PC but use the browser to visit the UI in your Windows 7 PC?
Yes it work in this order i mention in my first post
Try to test with Latest FireFox browser.
(Although iVentoy will auto open Chrome browser by default, but you can close it and open FireFox and visit the UI by yourself.)
(07-29-2023, 02:57 AM)longpanda Wrote: Try to test with Latest FireFox browser.
(Although iVentoy will auto open Chrome browser by default, but you can close it and open FireFox and visit the UI by yourself.)
I already check on chrome firefox and opera, same hang no clickable icon freeze on Win7 PC
maybe it is my Win7 PC problem as no one else join this Thread, no complain in other Threads
don't like to bother you on this and make you spend more time. i will check on VM later, and i plan to change all OS to WIN10 LTSC later.