Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 VTOYMNT.bat doesn't always get injected into X:\
First, Thank your for iVentoy-1.0.10 release. The resolution menu works perfect. 

Now the problem: Somtimes when I boot Sergei Strelec, I get the error that Minstall programs didn't load. I have a line in pecmd.ini that calls x:\vtoymnt.bat, and any time I get that error, when I look, vtoymnt.bat does not exist in x:\. 

It is not a huge problem, because every time it happens, if I reboot it works after the reboot. But it would be nice to find out what is causing it. 

Is there a log file I can look through to see why this is happening? 
Check whether there is X:\Windows\system32\ventoy.log and send me the log content.
Besides, I add support for Sergei Strelec in 1.0.10, it should auto mount the iso file after boot, no need add line in pecmd.ini
(07-11-2023, 02:11 AM)longpanda Wrote: Check whether there is X:\Windows\system32\ventoy.log  and  send me the log content.
Besides, I add support for Sergei Strelec in 1.0.10, it should auto mount the iso file after boot, no need add line in pecmd.ini

Okay. I added the pecmd.ini line in 1.0.0.6, so it was already in my iso. I will get the log next time it happens. 

Also, is it possible to boot live linux with iventoy? So far I can't get any to work. I mainly use MX-Linux, but I have read it is difficult to get to work with PXE. However, I have also tried Ubuntu, and Kali live
Yes.
https://www.iventoy.com/en/isolist.html
(07-11-2023, 03:25 PM)longpanda Wrote: Yes.
https://www.iventoy.com/en/isolist.html
Every time I get:

"Could not find file antiX/linuxfs"
Searched devices /dev/nbd0
seached types: usb.cd
etc... 
My only options are p= power off or r = reboot
I thought maybe it was my old mx linux 19, but I just tried 21.3 and get the same

With Kali Live iso, it drops to a busybox shell with (initramfs) prompt, and I don't remember exactly last line for Ubuntu, but it's right after something about nfs-premount