Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 ISOs in Ventoy partition not visible
All I can suggest is to recreate the Ventoy USB drives. Perhaps manually delete ALL partitions from the drive first. Do you have access to a Windows PC? Perhaps try the Windows version instead?

I've created a dozen or more Ventoy drives and had few issues, none like this.
    Attaching a photo.
It's very weird, in the grub shell, it does show that there is no files in the Ventoy exfat partition.
When you reboot to your linux system, did you see that the ISO files still there?
Please give your shell command result. For example, you can run the following commands in your linux shell (assume that the Ventoy USB stick is /dev/sdb).

mkdir abc
mount /dev/sdb1  abc
ls -l abc/
    Attached. As you can see the files are not owned by root but by a user - would that make a difference when booting from the stick? I assume you are booting as root and therefore all files should be accessible, or?
Yes, the ownership doesn't matter.

Please run the following commands and give the full result photo.

blkid
mount
Here are the relevant lines from blkid:
/dev/sde1: LABEL="Ventoy" UUID="E374-6AEB" TYPE="exfat" PTTYPE="dos" PARTLABEL="Ventoy" PARTUUID="f1306557-9d54-6a89-9127-e96ae642e$
/dev/sde2: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="VTOYEFI" UUID="3797-1EA8" TYPE="vfat" PARTLABEL="VTOYEFI" PARTUUID="1a716409-9323-fcf4-5d8f-ca2b$

And from mount:
tmpfs on /run/user/1000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,seclabel,size=1583796k,mode=700,uid=1000,gid=1000)
gvfsd-fuse on /run/user/1000/gvfs type fuse.gvfsd-fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=1000)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
/dev/fuse on /run/user/1000/doc type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=1000)
/dev/sdd1 on /media type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096)
/dev/sde1 on /run/media/hakan/Ventoy type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096)
/dev/sde2 on /run/media/hakan/VTOYEFI type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,ioch7,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,showexec,utf8,flush,errors=remount-ro,uhelper=udisks2)
In your last photo, you list the files in /media  directory.
But from the mount list I see that  /media  is  /dev/sdd1, it's not Ventoy USB disk.

Your Ventoy USB disk is /dev/sde, and /dev/sde1 was mounted at /run/media/hakan/Ventoy, so you should run
ls -l /run/media/hakan/Ventoy    NOT    ls -l /media

right?
Just did that and it shows exactly the same file as in the listing I posted earlier.

Let me ask you, should any files have been created on the USB stick to allow Ventoy to pick up the ISOs or should that be automatic when the Ventoy stick is booted?
(04-05-2023, 01:50 AM)garta34 Wrote: Just did that and it shows exactly the same file as in the listing I posted earlier.

Let me ask you, should any files have been created on the USB stick to allow Ventoy to pick up the ISOs or should that be automatic when the Ventoy stick is booted?
Maybe Use NTFS?
(04-05-2023, 01:50 AM)garta34 Wrote: Just did that and it shows exactly the same file as in the listing I posted earlier.

No need. Ventoy will automatically list all the ISO files when boot.
When Ventoy booted, it use the grub2 exfat filesystem driver to read the partition and find the ISO files.
The problem is that when Ventoy booted, the grub2 exfat filesystem driver can not find any files in the exfat partition.
This is the first time I have encountered this kind of problem, I don't know why.