Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 High load
Hello, I have Ventoy installed on an LXC container with Debian 11 and nesting enabled. I have allocated 2 cores and 1 GB of RAM to it, and I have installed version 1.0.10 (the latest update). Well, I have noticed that while the process is active, it uses around 50% of the CPU constantly, in addition to a process that is consuming about 100 MB/s of disk reading. Is it normal for it to consume so much without being used?

Greetings and thanks for the magnificent program.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's normal. iVentoy will read its dat file (include loader files/html files/logo/tools/...) and will read and parse all the ISO files that put in iso directory.
(07-11-2023, 12:59 PM)longpanda Wrote: It's normal. iVentoy will read its dat file (include loader files/html files/logo/tools/...) and will read and parse all the ISO files that put in iso directory.

Yes, but I'm not talking about starting it to run and that reading taking place. In my case, the container was started for 2 days... Also, what seems most problematic to me is that it is reading the disk at full speed all the time. So, can't this consumption be minimized somehow?
iVentoy will not read disk all the time if no PXE client is booting.
Actually after you start iVentoy and iVentoy start stable, it should do nothing but wait for PXE client to connect.
(07-11-2023, 02:07 PM)longpanda Wrote: iVentoy will not read disk all the time if no PXE client is booting.
Actually after you start iVentoy and iVentoy start stable, it should do nothing but wait for PXE client to connect.

Ok, I upload the capture of the ventoy without starting the service, without any client and yet the result of the iotop consuming 97 mb/s of reading.

I don't know why, in my environment, the toylogd task is always sleeping if no client connect.

I will update it to the newest version. And follow it closely and report any changes. Thanks for the work.