Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 ventoy_wimboot.img Plugin
Under the plugin for wimboot i see:

Quote:You can customize ventoy_wimboot.img as you need
There are many configurations in bcd file in ventoy_wimboot.img. For example, digital signature, test mode ...
You can customize them if the default template doesn't match your requirement.

I want to replace the boot.sdi  to see if it will help booting  Strelec's W11 .wim which doesn't finish booting with the current .sdi. I can unpack the .img with 7zip, but how do I repack it so it's still usable with Ventoy?

I don't see any instructions for repacking the wimboot.img
(04-02-2024, 10:34 AM)click-click Wrote: Under the plugin for wimboot i see:

There are many configurations in bcd file in ventoy_wimboot.img. For example, digital signature, test mode ...

I want to replace the boot.sdi  to see if it will help booting  Strelec's W11 .wim which doesn't finish booting with the current .sdi. I can unpack the .img with 7zip, but how do I repack it so it's still usable with Ventoy?

change wimboot.img to wimboot.iso, use ultraiso to overwrite your boot.sdi and save the wimboot.iso file, then change wimboot.iso to wimboot.img
(04-02-2024, 11:51 AM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:

change wimboot.img to wimboot.iso, use ultraiso to overwrite your boot.sdi and save the wimboot.iso file, then change wimboot.iso to wimboot.img
Thanks, that works, but using the newer .sdi did not help my problem. Something between the W10 and W11 wim files must be dufferent that is causing  the W11 boot not to finish even though it boots fine in UEFI mode.
(04-02-2024, 01:53 PM)click-click Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 11:51 AM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:

Thanks, that works, but using the newer .sdi did not help my problem. Something between the W10 and W11 wim files must be dufferent that is causing  the W11 boot not to finish even though it boots fine in UEFI mode.
You can replace bootmgr in ventoy_wimboot.img with bootmgr in standard windows11.iso and it's ok.
When I do that with the updated ventoy.wimboot.img I get CDBOOT: Could not find BOOTMGR on all my wim files now. I used the bootmgr from my HDD W11 EDUC system. I will try the one from an ISO.
(04-03-2024, 02:06 PM)click-click Wrote: When I do that with the updated ventoy.wimboot.img I get CDBOOT: Could not find BOOTMGR on all my wim files now. I used the bootmgr from my HDD W11 EDUC system. I will try the one from an ISO.
You can download ventoy.wimboot.img updated by me as I shared here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1izQc322...sp=sharing
(04-03-2024, 02:42 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 02:06 PM)click-click Wrote: When I do that with the updated ventoy.wimboot.img I get CDBOOT: Could not find BOOTMGR on all my wim files now. I used the bootmgr from my HDD W11 EDUC system. I will try the one from an ISO.
You can download ventoy.wimboot.img updated by me as I shared here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1izQc322...sp=sharing
Your img did the trick. Cool You are the best. Wink I also tried the bootmgr from a W11 iso and had the same problem. What did I do wrong? I renamed the .img to .iso and updated it with ultraiso and then renamed it back to .img.  Does something else need to be done with ultraiso?
(04-03-2024, 03:22 PM)click-click Wrote:
Your img did the trick. Cool You are the best. Wink I also tried the bootmgr from a W11 iso and had the same problem. What did I do wrong? I renamed the .img to .iso and updated it with ultraiso and then renamed it back to .img.  Does something else need to be done with ultraiso?
you have to get bootmgr in standard windows11.iso from Microsoft
(04-03-2024, 03:29 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:
I did a compare of the bootmgr I tried and the one you sent in the img. They both have the same SHA1 values. You must have updated the img differently than the way I described doing it.

Okay, I think maybe it's because mine was lowercase and yours upper case. Will try again..... that was the problem uppercase vs lowercase. The W11 iso I used has everything lowercase and I used bootmgr as is instead of BOOTMGR
(04-03-2024, 04:26 PM)click-click Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 03:29 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:
I did a compare of the bootmgr I tried and the one you sent in the img. They both have the same SHA1 values. You must have updated the img differently than the way I described doing it.

Okay, I think maybe it's because  mine was lowercase and yours upper case. Will try again.....  that was the problem  uppercase vs lowercase. The W11 iso  I used has everything lowercase and I used bootmgr as is instead of BOOTMGR
Your finding is correct, the name bootmgr must be capitalized as BOOTMGR