Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Computers are not loading bootfile from iVentoy
Sad 
Hi,

I am trying to setup iVentoy for our production and I am having issues with the software. The main issue is that I cannot get any computers on the same VLAN as iVentoy to load the bootfile. We are running iVentoy in "External Mode" as we are using our router as the DHCP provider. We do not see iVentoy snooping any DHCP packets. 

We use TP-Link Omada for our network infrastructure (similar to Ubiquiti). I have attached a picture showing how our VLAN and DHCP settings in the router are configured for iVentoy. 

We have been PXE booting for a while now on our network. We know that our current configuration works with Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and also a program similar to iVentoy called Serva. We are looking to try out iVentoy but have run into this problem and need help. We of course disabled our WDS and Serva programs prior to using iVentoy so as to not cause any conflicting errors. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You need to set dhcp-boot options in the router - I'm trying to do so with my PiHole
(04-05-2024, 11:49 AM)zeus Wrote: You need to set dhcp-boot options in the router - I'm trying to do so with my PiHole

Thank you for replying. I am not sure if you saw my attached photo. In the router settings, I have set the required DHCP boot info for Option 44, 66, and 67. Is there another setting or configuration that I am missing?
Please take a photo about the client machine screen.
(04-06-2024, 01:37 AM)longpanda Wrote: Please take a photo about the client machine screen.

Can you clarify this please? Are you wanting to see the information (Make &model) about the machine from it's BIOS?
I want to see the output when the machine enter PXE boot and fail.
(04-11-2024, 02:58 AM)longpanda Wrote: I want to see the output when the machine enter PXE boot and fail.

The machine never receives the boot file. It simply sits and is waiting for the bootfile from iventoy. I can see that iventoy is never seeing the DHCP request from the computer.