Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Is it possible to create a custom notes at boot selection interface?
I could not find if the feature exists.
IE
a tools option reads a custom notes file found in /ventoy  
this feature would come in handy when reminding to pass parameters on a distro to kernel like with fedora live "selinux=0"

also nice to put in notes about each item on how it was done and what is installed.

this would require writing to the 1st partition so it could be put in the additional partition on the extra space created during ventoy install.
(03-06-2024, 06:39 PM)nu2ventoy Wrote: I could not find if the feature exists.
IE
a tools option reads a custom notes file found in /ventoy  
this feature would come in handy when reminding to pass parameters on a distro to kernel like with fedora live "selinux=0"

also nice to put in notes about each item on how it was done and what is installed.

this would require writing to the 1st partition so it could be put in the additional partition on the extra space created during ventoy install.

Update:

solved: So I found the tips plugin which is configured with gui configured with VentoyPlugson.sh
solved? I found the boot conf replace plugin but the only works with normal boot and not with persistence boot usage.  When testing with fedora39 it failed so I'm going to assume boot_conf works with something earlier on  that distro.