Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Chainload iVentoy?
Hey, all. I think I need to chainload (redirect) from my main iPXE server to iVentoy. Basically, there will be a PXE menu entry on Server #1 which needs to direct to Server #2 running iVentoy. I'm not sure what the syntax should be and what specifically within iVentoy I need to be linking to.

Any help would be appreciated.
(12-01-2023, 02:51 PM)Kram Stan Wrote: Hey, all. I think I need to chainload (redirect) from my main iPXE server to iVentoy. Basically, there will be a PXE menu entry on Server #1 which needs to direct to Server #2 running iVentoy. I'm not sure what the syntax should be and what specifically within iVentoy I need to be linking to.

did you manage to work it out?
(12-12-2023, 12:28 AM)thestraycat Wrote: did you manage to work it out?

I haven't had time to tackle this yet. Too many other projects. But I'll report back when I do.
(12-01-2023, 02:51 PM)Kram Stan Wrote: Hey, all. I think I need to chainload (redirect) from my main iPXE server to iVentoy. Basically, there will be a PXE menu entry on Server #1 which needs to direct to Server #2 running iVentoy. I'm not sure what the syntax should be and what specifically within iVentoy I need to be linking to.

My pure guess, you can first setup a second Server idential to your #1 server and see how you can chainload to this one. After that just change the dest IP to iVentoy and binary name to iventoy_loader_16000. Make sure iventoy is running in External mode and in the same LAN.
(12-30-2023, 02:09 AM)AndyPark Wrote:

My pure guess, you can first setup a second Server idential to your #1 server and see how you can chainload to this one. After that just change the dest IP to iVentoy and binary name to iventoy_loader_16000. Make sure iventoy is running in External mode and in the same LAN.

I managed to chainload from my main iPXE to iVentoy, basically you need to do following things:
1. In your main iPXE boot.ipxe file, set user-class to a specific value, such as MyCustomClass
2. In your dhcp server, match this user-class and send next-server as your iVentoy IP
3. In your main iPXE boot.ipxe, run 'dhcp' command, after 'set user-class MyCustomClass' command, then 'chain tftp://${next-server}/iventoy_loader_16000'
Done
(01-01-2024, 03:34 AM)AndyPark Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 02:09 AM)AndyPark Wrote:

I managed to chainload from my main iPXE to iVentoy, basically you need to do following things:
1. In your main iPXE boot.ipxe file, set user-class to a specific value, such as MyCustomClass
2. In your dhcp server, match this user-class and send next-server as your iVentoy IP
3. In your main iPXE boot.ipxe, run 'dhcp' command, after 'set user-class MyCustomClass' command, then 'chain tftp://${next-server}/iventoy_loader_16000'
Done

Thanks. Would this work if i want to chainload from iVentoy to a different IPXE system? I suppose im looking for a way to have a custom entry in the iVentoy OS list that points to a different IPXE system (assuming it would be chainloaded too when clicked on) For example from iVentoy set as my main iPXE menu screen and have an entry for say netboot.xyz or something? At the moment i can drop to netboot and similar by doing the following and that will load me into another iPXE environment just want to save it to a menu item in the GUI!

- Boot into the iVentoy main menu, Press F5
- Should now be in the iPXE> menu.
- Then the below command to chainload netboot.xyz

>UEFI
>chain --autofree http://boot.netboot.xyz