Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved Booting FreeBSD 14.0
Is anyone able to boot a FreeBSD 14.0 ISO successfully?

It looks as though there is a problem using the latest release. FreeBSD starts to boot, but then stops. 13.1 and 13.2 booted OK.
Seeing the same thing unfortunately. I cannot get FreeBSD 14 to boot via Ventoy using EFI (my systems are all EFI). Tried using the FreeBSD 14 Disc1 ISO as well as the memdisk image. Also tried memdisk mode with the mini ISO and mini-memdisk image, neither worked. Tried on several brand-name USB sticks that have Ventoy installed and successfully boot other Linux and Windows ISOs (as well as earlier versions of FreeBSD, just not 14.0).

For what its worth, I've included the FreeBSD kernel output I captured when it fails, just before it reboots.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-13-2024, 04:59 PM)mproto Wrote: Seeing the same thing unfortunately. I cannot get FreeBSD 14 to boot via Ventoy using EFI (my systems are all EFI). Tried using the FreeBSD 14 Disc1 ISO as well as the memdisk image. Also tried memdisk mode with the mini ISO and mini-memdisk image, neither worked. Tried on several brand-name USB sticks that have Ventoy installed and successfully boot other Linux and Windows ISOs (as well as earlier versions of FreeBSD, just not 14.0).

For what its worth, I've included the FreeBSD kernel output I captured when it fails, just before it reboots.
The latest release -1.0.97 has added support for FreeBSD 14.0.

I'm just about to check it out.
Fixed! Thank you Ventoy developer(s)!! Donation headed your way