Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 My work around for Windows installer driver issue
I had a computer that had this issue with storage drivers not being found because of missing NIC drivers mentioned in the iventoy documentation. I knew the issue was the NIC driver, because if I connected a USB ethernet adapter the install would go through fine. 

What I did was get a sergei strelec iso and go into \SSTR\DriverPacks\NETWORKDRIVER. Inside that folder are two more folders: NT6x32 and NTx64, and inside those folders are .7z files. I unzipped each of those files (I only used x64 drivers) and used dism to push those drivers into the boot.wim of my windows installer iso. The boot.wim contains two wimfiles. Index 1 is WinPE and Index 2 is Windows Setup. I mounted each of these wims and used the dism /add-driver command to push the drivers into them. I don't know if both needed it, but I didn't want to take the extra time to test each one separately. 

I also put the graphics drivers from sergei strelec, which seems to have fixed the Windows installer still showing "fuzzy" screen with a resolution that is supported by my monitor, and works with sergei strelec, but not installer.

Then I put the boot.wim back into my iso, resaved and and put it back on the iventoy server. 

I tried adding the driver folders to a zip file and use iventoy injection, but there must be something wrong with the way I did it or something, because it didn't work, and for some reason the x:\windows\system32\ventoy\vtoype.log was empty so I couldn't figure out why it was failing.