Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Support for IA32 PXE client
Hi,

Thank you so much for this tool.

I want to know if this tool supports IA32 PXE client -- meaning, I have IA32 (32-bit Intel CPU) machines/laptops that need to be PXE-booted to discover/test hardware or install OS. 

So, first I tried using Linux version of iVentoy. The client hung after receiving ipxe.bios.0 boot file. I thought, Linux version (64-bit) might be sending 64-bit boot file; so, it makes sense why it would not work. (Note: 64-bit PXE/CPU client booted fine.)

Then, I tried Windows 32-bit iVentoy - thinking that it would send 32-bit ipxe.bio.0. But I encountered the same problem.

So, I suspect that iVentoy only supports 64-bit PXE clients - meaning, irrespective which version of iVentoy software you use (IA32 or x64), ipxe.bios.0 is 64-bit code.

Can you please confirm? If I am correct, I request to support 32-bit PXE client from all iVentoy versions -- especially Linux.

Thank you again.
From source code on github, iventoy may be supporting IA32 PXE client. So, I might be wrong with the clients I am using.

Attached screenshots of what I observe on the IA32 PXE client and iventoy log on Linux...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-25-2023, 02:26 AM)iventoy_user Wrote: From source code on github, iventoy may be supporting IA32 PXE client. So, I might be wrong with the clients I am using.

Attached screenshots of what I observe on the IA32 PXE client and iventoy log on Linux...
Anyone here had success of booting 32-bit client (specifically Intel Boot Agent Version 4.0.18 from 2001)?

I am/was very hopeful of using iventoy to boot older 32-bit PCs/laptops using ipxe. But looks like, from lack response to this question, this feature is either untested or unsupported. Still hopeful.
What images are you trying to boot?

Sadly not all images will work via PXE