Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved Network problem with linux ISOs
First off, I would like to thank you for this project. I will soon buy the pro version to help support this project.

I am running 2 instances of pihole in a high avail. These are set up as dhcp servers and hand out static and dynamic leases. So iventoy is set to use external dhcp. In dnsmasq.conf I have the boot option for the "next-server":

dhcp-boot=iventoy_loader_16000,10.10.8.86,10.10.8.86

I get to boot from the pxe server just fine. But when I try to install from a Linux ISO like debian or ubuntu I get network problem. You can see from the images below that I get two "network cards" when I boot from the pxe server. One with the actual network card "ens160", and one called "wired connection 1". With the actual network card, it gets assigned with an ip address but not with dns, but if I switch to the "wired connection" it gets assigned with ip address and dns. With boot from pxe i auto assign the "ens160" network card on debian and ubuntu. 

Am I missing some crucial settings in my dnsmaq config file? Or is this a bug with iventoy running with external dhcp server? I am running iventoy-1.0.09 on debian but I also tried this on windows.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What about the latest 1.0.10?
(07-10-2023, 11:05 AM)longpanda Wrote: What about the latest 1.0.10?

I still have the same problem with 1.0.10

(07-10-2023, 11:58 AM)Gyppie77 Wrote:
(07-10-2023, 11:05 AM)longpanda Wrote: What about the latest 1.0.10?

I still have the same problem with 1.0.10

And with the 10.0.10 version, it seems like there is a bug with debian about finding the iso

Does 1.0.09 boot debian OK ?
When in your last debian error screen, press Ctrl+Alt+F2 to enter console and run cat /ventoy/log
(07-10-2023, 12:40 PM)longpanda Wrote: Does  1.0.09 boot debian OK ?

Yes, it booted ok in 10.0.09. Now I cant get past setting up keyboard. It's where it fails.
Attached screenshot of log.

From the log, iVentoy run dhclient ens160 to get ip address from the DHCP server.
But it can not ping 10.10.8.86.
So after Ctrl+Alt+F2, please run ifconfig or ip address command to see whether it get correct ip address.
it doesn't seems like it gets an ip address.

Try this debug version:
https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=...efSkKgI2h7
(07-11-2023, 02:08 PM)longpanda Wrote: Try this debug version:
https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=...efSkKgI2h7

It works fine now with debian and ubuntu. I tested win x64 and linux binaries.  Smile