Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Windows 11 install issue
I am having an issue with this service that has persisted through multiple updates...

When I go to boot the machine with my Win 11 ISO, I get this screen after it loads. I have tested my iso on a different machine (without iVentoy) to make sure that it worked (it did) and have tried making the iso itself in 2 different ways; one gave me the filename "Win_11_22H2_English_x64v2.iso" and the other "Windows.iso", and both work on other machines. To my knowledge I cannot change the machine (Dell Optiplex 7010SFF ) to Legacy boot, UEFI is the only one available. Has anyone had this same issue? How might I be able to solve it?

Sorry, image did not make it in the first attmept

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-06-2023, 07:42 PM)heyitsdmac Wrote: I am having an issue with this service that has persisted through multiple updates...

When I go to boot the machine with my Win 11 ISO, I get this screen after it loads. I have tested my iso on a different machine (without iVentoy) to make sure that it worked (it did) and have tried making the iso itself in 2 different ways; one gave me the filename "Win_11_22H2_English_x64v2.iso" and the other "Windows.iso", and both work on other machines. To my knowledge I cannot change the machine (Dell Optiplex 7440) to Legacy boot, UEFI is the only one available. Has anyone had this same issue? How might I be able to solve it?

Sorry, image did not make it in the first attmept

Yes. In UEFI mode the only devices I've been able to get iVentoy to boot any WinPE environment, including Windows installers, on is Lenovo laptops. I've tried two different Dell computers, and two different HP computers and they all do this exact same thing. 

The only solution I know if is changing to legacy boot in BIOS settings, but as with your case, newer computers no longer have the option to boot in legacy mode. I don't know if this is specific to iVentoy, or if it's an over all issue with PXE boot. I haven't seen longpanda respond to any comments about this issue, so no idea whether it's something that can't be fixed, or if there's just other more pressing things that need to be fixed first. 

I've tried changing the snp.efi,snponly.efi, ipxe.efi setting in the iVentoy config but that makes no difference, and I've tried all bios settings I thought had a remote possibility of helping... I even tried throwing a PCIe video card in one to see if different GPU would help... but no luck.
Try different boot menu resolution settings.
(07-07-2023, 12:43 AM)longpanda Wrote: Try different boot menu resolution settings.
Thank you!

I'll be using this for work, so once we decide what machine to run this on permanently I'll purchase the license from you. We have been wishing for so long we had a way to do something like Ventoy over the network.
(07-07-2023, 12:43 AM)longpanda Wrote: Try different boot menu resolution settings.
I have same problem.
Tried all resolutions that are possible but nothing helped
Thanks! That fixed my issue and now the software runs smoothly.
What resolution worked for you? no matter what i pick i get the same issue
(07-18-2023, 10:22 AM)mango_63 Wrote: What resolution worked for you? no matter what i pick i get the same issue
For me I only got it work while booting as Legacy. 
Tried every resolution ith uefi and nothing worked.
Can this be a problem with PC maybe??? Huh
use a fresh win11 ISO it started working with resolution set to 1768x992