Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
iVentoy-1.0.03 release
Heart 
  • 2023/06/25 --- 1.0.03 release
  1. Free Edition: update max client number limit from 5 to 20.

2. Pro Edition: update max bound machine number per license from 5 to 50.

3. Add a running tip label when start iVentoy.

4. Now can refresh image list when service is running.

5. Update some tip messages.

6. New support for some ISO files.

7. Bugfix, comments and suggestions are welcome.
hi

Thank you for your great job in supporting Ventoy. We are excited to now have Iventoy, which is a similar product that we hope will bring the same level of success as Ventoy.
In this essay we would like to discuss our support for Acronis image .tib files with Iventoy and what the Pro Edition 50 machine bound license entails.

When Iventoy supports Acronis image .tib files, allowing users to easily boot from these images without having any prior knowledge or experience with installing them manually.
i have some thing to ask what is ((iventoy pro edtion)) 50 machine bound ? this pc are fixed mac address lic limit and i cant add new pc ?

thanks
You select one PC to run iVentoy, then this PC is the Server, then the client can request to this server to install OS.
For Pro Edition, the number of clients is no limit, that is to say, one server can communicate with 100 or 1000 clients at the same time.
But you can not run iVentoy on every PC as Server, you can at most run iVentoy on 50 different PCs.

For example, if you want you can even:
Day1 you can run iVentoy on PC-1 and select PC-1 as the server,
Day2, you can run iVentoy on PC-2 and select PC-2 as the server,
Day50, you can run iVentoy on PC-50 and select PC-50 as the server,

Normally, we always select some fixed PC as the server, so I think 50 is enough.

Why I bound iVentoy with machine code?
If iVentoy only provide register code, then if someone steal your register code and brodcast it on the internet, then everyone can use iVentoy Pro edition without pay.
(06-25-2023, 02:52 PM)longpanda Wrote: You select one PC to run iVentoy, then this PC is the Server, then the client can request to this server to install OS.
For Pro Edition, the number of clients is no limit, that is to say, one server can communicate with 100 or 1000 clients at the same time.
But you can not run iVentoy on every PC as Server, you can at most run iVentoy on 50 different PCs.

For example, if you want you can even:
Day1 you can run iVentoy on PC-1 and select PC-1 as the server,
Day2, you can run iVentoy on PC-2 and select PC-2 as the server,
Day50, you can run iVentoy on PC-50 and select PC-50 as the server,

Normally, we always select some fixed PC as the server, so I think 50 is enough.

Why I bound iVentoy with machine code?
If iVentoy only provide register code, then if someone steal your register code and brodcast it on the internet, then everyone can use iVentoy Pro edition without pay.

What About Support Acronis .tib image ?