Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Ventoy on PortableApps.com
Is Ventoy on PortableApps.com platform official or not?
I think someone is just repackaging it and putting it up on the site. The question is, why? The Ventoy app is already portable. You just open the zip and copy the folder out. It will work no matter where you put it. I usually put the versions folder in the root of the first partition so it is there and I can use the VentoyPlugson.exe from there. I can also use it to make other bootable sticks.

I remember looking at the portableapps version, I think it was missing the VentoyPlugson.exe altogether.
(04-18-2023, 06:58 PM)Rootman Wrote: I think someone is just repackaging it and putting it up on the site.  The question is, why?  The Ventoy app is already portable. You just open the zip and copy the folder out.  It will work no matter where you put it.  I usually put the versions folder in the root of the first partition so it is there and I can use the VentoyPlugson.exe from there.  I can also use it to make other bootable sticks.

I remember looking at the portableapps version, I think it was missing the VentoyPlugson.exe altogether.
Why? Because one can have all their PortableApps on the HDD or on a flashdrive. It's more convenient to use the PortableApps platform menu.
I have been able to add VentoyPlugson.exe and VentoyPlugson_x64.exe to the PortableApps menu for Ventoy. I just haven't suggested it to them yet. I have been trying to make just 2 menu items and have it run the proper one depending on the architecture of the computer like can be done for the main app.
No one at PortableApps is responding.