Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Getting the error: insert media #1 for the task sequence
Hello there,

First of all, thank you for accepting my sign-up.

Ventoy is great and really useful, been using it for a while now.

Some days ago I wanted to try a Windows 11 ISO that I changed (Windows PE) in order to install some stuff automatically and make some changes while Windows is installing.

This ISO works if I use it as a standalone in a bootable USB drive. (been using this ISO for a while with no problems with Rufus)

I made a USB drive with Ventoy and just copied the ISO to the USB Drive. 
It boots and works ok until the computer restarts (it does some restarts after installing some things and/or drivers)

After that it just pops up the error that I mentioned on the subject - insert media #1 for the task sequence...

It looks like it isn't finding the files needed to proceed with the installation.

I just have the ISO in the root of the USB drive and nothing else.

Been trying to find in the forum if anyone had this problem but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
You capture and upload your Windows 11 ISO folder structure
You use ultraiso to view the iso file folder structure
(10-07-2023, 06:20 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote: You capture and upload your Windows 11 ISO folder structure
You use ultraiso to view the iso file folder structure

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I didn't understand.

Do you want me to upload the ISO ? it is around 25GB.

I got a screenshot of UltraISO:

https://imageupload.io/tvOrcGqg0JTnOIU
Please take a photo and send the boot and sources directory structure in your windows11.iso
(10-08-2023, 04:49 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote: Please take a photo and send the boot and sources directory structure in your windows11.iso

Here:

[Image: 9DXoMBQYrYgqybZ_1696850389.jpg]
Select your windows11.iso, then select boot in wimboot mode
When Windows reboots - all it can see is a USB device containing an ISO file
It cannot see any files INSIDE the ISO (for instance files in the SMS folder).
Presumably the batch file that is run during 2nd phase will be looking for a file on a 'DVD' volume like G:\SMS\xxxx.yyy but there will not be any folder on any volume because the ISO has not been mounted as a virtual drive.

So you need to either:
1. Extract the contents of the ISO (at least the folders needed by the 2nd boot install phase - e.g. SMS folder) to the root of the USB drive
OR
2. Copy the contents of the ISO (at least wanted folders) to the root of the internal hard disk during 1st phase
OR
3. Modify batch file used in restart to find and mount the ISO file as a virtual DVD.

Then the files inside the ISO will be accessible.