Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VTOYEFI partition
Hello, thank you for creating an excellent USB boot tool, this is the best software of any kind I have found in 4 years, amazing. My question for this forum is, I would like to create a normal Ventoy USB, but then clone the VTOYEFI partition to a blank disk, and create a new Ventoy USB manually. I have gotten almost there, but it still will not boot. I have cloned the VTOYEFI to the new USB disk as partition 2, set ESP flag; then on partition 1 I have made FAT32, set Boot, LBA flags, named it VENTOY. Both the original Ventoy USB stick and new USB stick are MBR. When I boot to the new USB stick it says I have not set it up correctly. What step do I do next to make it work? Thank you, I am enjoying the challenge of doing this manually.
The code in the MBR must be the special Ventoy grub2 boot code (not ordinary grub2 boot code)
The Ptn1 must start at LBA2048
The Ptn2 must start immediately after end of Ptn1 (no gap of even 1 sector).
The Ptn2 must be exactly 32MB

If you have any error message - it is always helpful to specify the EXACT error message.
(09-23-2022, 07:43 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: The code in the MBR must be the special Ventoy grub2 boot code (not ordinary grub2 boot code)
The Ptn1 must start at LBA2048
The Ptn2 must start immediately after end of Ptn1 (no gap of even 1 sector).
The Ptn2 must be exactly 32MB

If you have any error message - it is always helpful to specify the EXACT error message.

? what exactly do you not understand ?
(09-24-2022, 07:48 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: ? what exactly do you not understand ?

Purple has 7.