Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On one of my systems, I can't select an item to boot
Display is pale are garbled - but readable.  Problem is that I can't use the arrow keys.  If at the menu, which is a bit garbled, if I try to use the down arrow, it is like the menu repaints itself; the menu is not scrolled and it is impossible for me to "scroll" to select the target ISO.

This only occurs on one system, booted in MBR mode.  On my other system it boots fine in either UEFI or BIOS mode.  Pressing the TEXT mode F-key doesn't help.
What happened when you press F7 to switch TEXT mode?

Try to set TEXT mode as the default mode and reboot.
Try Text mode and Ctrl+N and Ctrl+P to move up/down
Does ENTER change folder?
(12-24-2021, 09:44 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: Try Text mode and Ctrl+N and Ctrl+P to move up/down
Does ENTER change folder?
No affect.  CTL+N/CTL+P same as using the arrow keys.  It like the whole screen repaints itself in slow motion - I can see the repainting - almost count the pixels (that slow).  It's like I'm scrolling the graphic rather than the menu.
press F7
"The menu is being redrawn." My menu was redrawn on my laptop, but it didn't interfere with loading.
Not sure what you mean by your last post?
It may be a grub2 issue. Try Easy2Boot which uses grub4dos. If you get the same problem with E2B then it sounds like a BIOS/hardware issue (maybe there is a BIOS update or you can change\add a graphic adapter?