Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do some isos not boot with ventoy
I know this is a dumb ass question but as a newbie to this environment why some isos do NOT boot via ventoy 
For example the Macrium UEFI boot disk does but EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 14.4 (x64) WinPE does not?
There are many reasons.
1. Some ISO file doesn't support UEFI mode itself. So if you boot it in UEFI mode it will fail.
2. Some computer has bugger BIOS/UEFI firmware.
3. The ISO file is corrupted during copy to the USB
4 .........
(10-28-2021, 09:03 AM)longpanda Wrote: There are many reasons.
1. Some ISO file doesn't support UEFI mode itself. So if you boot it in UEFI mode it will fail.
2. Some computer has bugger BIOS/UEFI firmware.
3. The ISO file is corrupted during copy to the USB
4 .........
I have an Easeus Data Recovery UEFI bootable iso that works when pulled onto a USB with Rufus....but does not work with UEFI boot when added to my ventoy disk (the other UEFi bootable iso do) 

By the way,  Can we rip the bootable image from an bootable USB disk made using Rufus and use such as iso bo copying it to a ventoy disk?
With the Easueus ISO, try pressing ctrl+i or ctlr+r or ctrl+w before you select the ISO
Press F1 for help
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard (x64) WinPE has never worked with Ventoy and UEFI. Take the latest Sergei Strelec (with EASEUS DRW 14.4.0) or extract the boot.wim from the DRW.ISO and paste it into Ventoy.
https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_wimboot.html
But the ISO has an error, About, Driver and Language are without function.