Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] How to boot an EFI directory?
I've set up ventoy with some iso and it run fine, a very great tool! Now i want to add an EFI directory which contains boot/*.efi file. I got the directory in a .zip fille. When I extract this .zip to a clean USB as device as its in the readme of the .zip i could boot it.
But how could i add this to ventory? I tried to just add a subdir with the EFI dir the device. I was also trying to create an .iso and .ima  but they showed various errors
What is the problem?
Take the case of MEMTEST86 EFI files

\MEMTESTX64.EFI
\MEMTESTX86.EFI

Now UEFI64 boot to Ventoy and select the MEMTESTX64.EFI file.

works OK
(10-20-2021, 10:27 AM)Mecy Wrote: I've set up ventoy with some iso and it run fine, a very great tool! Now i want to add an EFI directory which contains boot/*.efi file. I got the directory in a .zip fille. When I extract this .zip to a clean USB as device as its in the readme of the .zip i could boot it.
But how could i add this to ventory? I tried to just add a subdir with the EFI dir the device. I was also trying to create an .iso and .ima  but they showed various errors

Use espack tool to pack the EFI directory to an esp.img  and copy the esp.img to Ventoy USB and boot.
https://github.com/ventoy/espack
Thank you, espack works great!