Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic partitioning
Hello
When I install ventoy, the entire receiving medium is automatically formatted in two partitions: EXFAT and FAT16.
This destroys my three partitions EXFAT, LUCKS and FAT32
Is there an option to just download the software to my FAT32 partition?

Thanks for reading me.
No because the first partition holds the iso's and the 2nd holds the ventoy files including boot images. If you need an encrypted partition you could resize them afterward and create a 3rd partition.

Neither of the two partitions can be encrypted (assuming you meant luks) and certain files have to be on both partitions so the short answer is no. Maybe if you manually partition everything, keep the labels the same and copy all the files then make sure the thing is bootable.
HELLO
Thank you for your reply.
The idea of ​​reducing the FAT16 partition does not seem excellent to me because its initial size is really too small.
However under windows this partition cannot be reduced or deleted. The same is true with the gnome disk utility and gparted applications.

I had already thought about reducing the large EXFAT partition.
However under windows this partition cannot be reduced, it can only be deleted. The same is true with the gnome disk utility and gparted applications.

I noted your idea to make a another medium myself by taking all the software present in the FAT16 partition.
Please note that this is exactly what I am asking when I try to find this software on your site.

If I have to make a fictitious USB key to make the real one, it is much easier to use other software than ventoy!!!

I don't know if this discussion is the perfect place to contact the developers of the application.
But here is my request and I think I am not the only one to express this need:

Before starting the formatting of the USB key, the application must ask the user how much disk space (in Mo? In Go? In To? In percentage?) He wishes to reserve for his personal use.
This space would not be formatted.
(06-15-2020, 08:43 AM)geole Wrote: Before starting the formatting of the USB key, the application must ask the user how much disk space (in Mo? In Go? In To? In percentage?) He wishes to reserve for his personal use.
This space would not be formatted.

In the hope you have subscribed to this thread: this option is present in recent versions. You can reserve a disk space after partitions 1 and 2 to create your own partitions as you wish.