Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Ventoy enroll key manager not working in new Dell laptops that use SecureBoot
(07-28-2024, 11:27 PM)nicgatsys Wrote:
(07-27-2024, 10:38 AM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:
(07-26-2024, 04:11 AM)nicgatsys Wrote: Hi All,
I can confirm unfortunately that 1.99 and 1.96 both do not allow key enrolment on later models of Dell Precision 3591 laptops.
Any assistance with this great issue imposed upon us by Dell, seemingly without reason, would be greatly appreciated!
Kindest warm regards

:EDIT:

I thought I'd clarify that I worked my way back through 1.99, 1.98, 1.97 & 1.96 but the way I worded it doesn't reflect that.
Anyway, from my experience on 3 different new Dell Precision 3591 laptops none of them bring up the key enrolment screen that older ones did (even Precision 3581) with all the above revisions of Ventoy

I'm more than happy to be part of any testing to further improve our resolve if I can be of any help let me know.
Please upload images of the error you are experiencing.

Hi mate, there are no errors coming up just that when selecting the UEFI option for the Ventoy created drive on any new Dell machine it brings up the SupportAssist On-board Diagnostics rather than the key enrolment screen - where previously it would show the key screen to enrol the key for the Ventoy drive now it just does the diagnostics and says "No hardware issues were found, Click continue to run SupportAssist OS Recovery or if you do not want to then click cancel to restart." I assume it thinks you want to wipe the PC I guess (which is technically true)..
Anyway though, this doesn't happen if you disable Secure Boot in UEFI settings on the laptop and boot to the Ventoy drive.

what about ventoy 1.0.95 or earlier?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ventoy enroll key manager not working in new Dell laptops that use SecureBoot - by nguyen ha thai trong - 07-29-2024, 11:22 AM