Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Change the default iso file path
Hi,

This is a great suggestion, and works very well.

However, in my case, my ISO folder contains a rather large subfolder hierarchy, and there are subfolders I would prefer to have excluded. Reorganizing my subfolder structure is not an option. Because my subfolder hierarchy is so large, and I run iVentoy on a relative old/slow PC (which is otherwise perfectly suitable for this task), starting it up can take quite a bit of time, which is wasted because it's busy enumerating files/folders that aren't going to be needed in the end.

So I think it would be a great feature if the app could let the user define any number of folders of his own choosing, and only enumerate those folders (recursively - or make that a checkbox for each top-level folder specified).

So this simply becomes a list management task. Once the folder list is defined, and the ISOs enumerated, it should be trivial to combine the results and present them to the user as it currently does, and nothing else should need to change. This would provide iVentoy with a tremendous amount of flexibility.

Messages In This Thread
Change the default iso file path - by MAHSHADOWS - 09-03-2023, 09:31 AM
RE: Change the default iso file path - by dandy72 - 06-21-2024, 07:14 PM