Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Persistent possible with Debian Live?
(05-21-2024, 10:10 AM)Eliott Wrote: ... and a LMDE6 version 'Faye' based on a Debian distribution (bookworm)....
Dear Mr. Eliott, thank you very much for your kind reply. Please carefully peruse my question and posts. I am absolutely focussed on Persistence with Debian Live and none else.

While Ubuntu and your "LMDE6 version 'Faye'" are derived from Debian, I want to remain directly connected the Debian Universe which is huge. Not indirectly by an order of separation, Knoppix did provide me with a great deal of satisfaction, but it was only a niche that ended. So I wouldn't venture out of the known Debian Universe unless Debian fails.

My background is not computer programming or hardware design. Also, I have a narrow band of interest in only certain areas of computing.

I am afraid that your above post would be a distraction for visitors who might solve my problem. I would have requested you to please remove your post, but such a request might be construed as offending, whereas I wouldn't want in any way to offend my fellow members whose insights I seek.

Had you removed your post I would have removed the present one to keep the focus on the objective. But never mind ... let your post and mine remain to further specify my specific need.

Messages In This Thread