Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Can't boot any resolution but 800x600, but WinPE video is garbled
I have an Intel NUC that refuses to boot iVentoy unless the boot menu resolution is set to 800x600. However, if I set the resolution that low, then every WinPE .iso I boot has a garbled display after the Windows boot logo, so I still can't get it to work. When I try higher resolutions I get errors like attached. Any ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I resolved this issue by utilizing Sergi Strelec after adjusting the screen resolution to 800x600 in order to prevent a fuzzy screen. Then, I launched WinPE and executed the automatic driver installation from driver in start menu and returning the resolution to its original state.
(09-22-2023, 07:43 PM)aboamir@gmail.com Wrote: I resolved this issue by utilizing Sergi Strelec after adjusting the screen resolution to 800x600 in order to prevent a fuzzy screen. Then, I launched WinPE and executed the automatic driver installation from driver in start menu and returning the resolution to its original state.

I have a Strelec .iso, so I can try that. But how could I use that idea to resolve 8 other WinPE boot.wims and OS installs we use?
OK, I got this to work! In the BIOS of this Intel NUK I had to go to the video settings and enable Virtual Display Emulation, then completely unplug the local monitor. I'm using the AMT KVM now instead since this will ultimately be a headless remote workstation and we'll be using RDP most of the time. Then I was able to go iVentoy, Configuration, and set the Boot Menu Resolution to something higher like 1280x720. Now I can boot every boot.wim and install ISO just fine for out of band management, reinstalling OS, troubleshooting, etc. Several Linux distributions work too. The only tool not working for me now is Parted Magic. It gets to the step of searching for PMAGIC_2023_05_21.SQFS and can't find it, but that's a separate issue and unrelated.