Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 AOMEI Backupper ISO Not Booting !
So I created the AOMEI Backupper ISO ampe.iso file using the built in Create Bootable Media tool in the AOMEI Backupper program,  but I can't get the ampe.iso to boot in Ventoy.
Secure boot is turned off and other Windows ISO are able to boot in Ventoy so I don't think it's a Ventoy issue. Anyone experienced this with this AOMEI ISO and have solution for it ?
How are you booting to Ventoy - UEFI64 or BIOS/Legacy?
How did you make the ampe.iso file - download from internet option or build option?
Did you try the Ventoy wimboot option (you may need to add the plugin).

I tried both types of ISO on real system in both UEFI64 and BIOS mode and it seems to work.
The ISO does seem odd though in that it does not seem to have the normal \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI boot file.
(06-23-2024, 10:38 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: How are you booting to Ventoy - UEFI64 or BIOS/Legacy?
How did you make the ampe.iso file - download from internet option or  build option?

I tried both types of ISO on  real system in both UEFI64 and BIOS mode and it seems to work.
The ISO does seem odd though in that it does not seem to have the normal \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI boot file.

My system is UEFI64 and Ventoy is in FAT
The ampe.iso is created by the "Create Bootable Media" tool in the AOMEI Backupper program which has an option to create to a bootable USB drive or to an ISO file.  The create to USB drive option works,  but the ISO file created will not boot in Ventoy.
I tried it with the winboot option as well,  it takes forever as the percent count progress, don;t think that will work as well.
(06-23-2024, 07:31 PM)EdT Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 10:38 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: How are you booting to Ventoy - UEFI64 or BIOS/Legacy?
How did you make the ampe.iso file - download from internet option or  build option?

I tried both types of ISO on  real system in both UEFI64 and BIOS mode and it seems to work.

The ampe.iso is created by the "Create Bootable Media" tool in the AOMEI Backupper program which has an option to create to a bootable USB drive or to an ISO file.  The create to USB drive option works,  but the ISO file created will not boot in Ventoy.
I tried it with the winboot option as well,  it takes forever as the percent count progress, don;t think that will work as well.
Maybe the process of creating the ampe.iso file on your computer has an error, but I downloaded ampe_7.3.4.Pro.iso from https://br0wsers.com/blog/detail/aomei-b...-8823.html then load and boot it with ventoy is always 100% successful
(06-24-2024, 07:21 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:

Maybe the process of creating the ampe.iso file on your computer has an error, but I downloaded ampe_7.3.4.Pro.iso from https://br0wsers.com/blog/detail/aomei-b...-8823.html then load and boot it with ventoy is always 100% successful

Okay the ampe_7.3.4.Pro.iso file to the link you provided worked, but so did the ampe.iso I created. The issue was I had to wait over minute for it to boot into AOMEI Backupper PE menu and a little less for the ampe_7.3.4.Pro.iso because it was a smaller file size of 864MB vs 1.1GB. I guess I didn't know it took that long for it to boot into Windows PE think I was using an ultra fast 3.2 Gen2 1000GB/s USB drive.
(06-24-2024, 09:19 PM)EdT Wrote:
(06-24-2024, 07:21 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:

Okay the ampe_7.3.4.Pro.iso file to the link you provided worked, but so did the ampe.iso I created. The issue was I had to wait over minute for it to boot into AOMEI Backupper PE menu and a little less for the ampe_7.3.4.Pro.iso because it was a smaller file size of 864MB vs 1.1GB.  I guess I didn't know it took that long for it to boot into Windows PE think I was using an ultra fast  3.2 Gen2 1000GB/s USB drive.
The larger the partition containing the iso file, the slower it loads and boots, especially when loading and booting from USB. It's best to copy the iso file to hdd/ssd, then the process goes much faster.