Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ventoy2Disk.exe error dialog
I have downloaded Ventoy and tried to perform an install from Windows, but it fails with an error dialog.

I have tried downloads for 1.0.08beta2 and 1.0.07.
In each case I downloaded the zip version.

I have Windows 10 64 bit at latest update.
I expanded the zip using WinRAR.

I opened a command prompt and cd to to the INTTALL directory and run Ventoy2Disk.exe.
I get a UAC dialog, which I accept, but then get a dialog that says "Please run under the correct directory!".
I have also tried from an admin command prompt; I then don't get the UAC, but I do get the same problem dialog.

Any suggestions what the problem is?
You can't run Ventoy2Disk.exe in the source tree (INSTALL directory), you should download the install package from the release tab, decompress it and run the exe there.
(04-30-2020, 02:08 PM)longpanda Wrote: You can't run Ventoy2Disk.exe in the source tree (INSTALL directory), you should download the install package from the release tab, decompress it and run the exe there.
OK, thanks.I thought that I must be doing something wrong.
I think that I was mislead... I came here based on the recommendation for the Novatach Sprint YouTube channel, which indicated that the download was from github's source tree.  Maybe that works for Linux (which is what their video featured), clearly not for Windows.

I now look forward to trying the product.  It sounds like a great tool.
Hi Community,

Got the same error yesterday with Ventoy 1.0.38 (from Medicat) and latest version from Github. I run the tool from %USERDIR%\Downloads and immediately get the error message, whatever the admin/not admin mode I run it. Only works when executed from its own C:\Ventoy folder which is a bit restrictive...
Ventoy2Disk.exe need to read files at the same directory, so you need to decompress it and run the exe in the correct directory.