Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics Out of Sync On ISO Startup
The ISOs that appear to fail the most are WinPE-based (I'll do some further testing with Linux-based distros and application ISOs) and the mode I've been testing with has been Legacy-MBR.  The real weirdness is that starting those same ISOs from other sources (as mentioned) have no issues, and some of the failing ISOs always fail while other fail intermittantly.  It's very strange.

When I get a failure with an intermittent ISO, I just reBOOT and most of the time it starts just fine the next time.  The others I can never get to start.  I saw some of the same type of failures when using a Ventoy prepared UFD (USB Flash Drive) but now I'm in the middle of testing a Ventoy prepared USB HDD.

The failed display looks like out of sync graphics, with decending pixel lines offset from the line above them. Normally I would be looking at my graphics/display hardware but these failures only happen with Ventoy... maybe some sort of timing thing, I don't know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Graphics Out of Sync On ISO Startup - by FroggieTheGremlin - 08-20-2020, 09:05 PM
RE: Graphics Out of Sync On ISO Startup - by cscs - 08-26-2020, 02:01 AM
RE: Graphics Out of Sync On ISO Startup - by cscs - 08-31-2020, 12:58 PM
RE: Graphics Out of Sync On ISO Startup - by cscs - 09-03-2020, 05:45 AM
RE: Graphics Out of Sync On ISO Startup - by cscs - 09-08-2020, 11:43 PM
RE: Graphics Out of Sync On ISO Startup - by cscs - 09-10-2020, 04:11 AM
RE: Graphics Out of Sync On ISO Startup - by jmax - 08-13-2021, 09:26 AM