Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Vtoyboot doesn't work on Legacy BIOS Vtoyboot插件无法在Legacy BIOS机器启动
I have created a fixed size vhd named Arco.vhd, and renamed it into Arco.vhd.vtoy, then I used Virtualbox to install arcolinuxs-xanmod-v23.09.03-x86_64 (a distibution based on Arch Linux) on it. I have already ran the vtoyboot.sh. The VM has EFI enabled, so according to the documents, it should support booting in Legacy BIOS, but it didn't. After rebooting and selecting Arco.vhd.vtoy in ventoy, my computer went on a short blackscreen and then rebooted. If you need more info, please contact me.
(03-10-2024, 04:34 AM)Roxithromycin Wrote: I have created a fixed size vhd named Arco.vhd, and renamed it into Arco.vhd.vtoy, then I used Virtualbox to install arcolinuxs-xanmod-v23.09.03-x86_64 (a distibution based on Arch Linux) on it. I have already ran the vtoyboot.sh. The VM has EFI enabled, so according to the documents, it should support booting in Legacy BIOS, but it didn't. After rebooting and selecting Arco.vhd.vtoy in ventoy, my computer went on a short blackscreen and then rebooted. If you need more info, please contact me.
You are doing the wrong process, in fact, the order is that you create a fixed size vhd named Arco.vhd, you use Virtualbox to install arcolinuxs-xanmod-v23.09.03-x86_64 (a distibution based on Arch Linux) on it.Then , use Ventoy.sh, then rename Arco.vhd to Arco.vhd.vtoy
(03-11-2024, 11:41 AM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:
(03-10-2024, 04:34 AM)Roxithromycin Wrote: I have created a fixed size vhd named Arco.vhd, and renamed it into Arco.vhd.vtoy, then I used Virtualbox to install arcolinuxs-xanmod-v23.09.03-x86_64 (a distibution based on Arch Linux) on it. I have already ran the vtoyboot.sh. The VM has EFI enabled, so according to the documents, it should support booting in Legacy BIOS, but it didn't. After rebooting and selecting Arco.vhd.vtoy in ventoy, my computer went on a short blackscreen and then rebooted. If you need more info, please contact me.
You are doing the wrong process, in fact, the order is that you create a fixed size vhd named Arco.vhd, you use Virtualbox to install arcolinuxs-xanmod-v23.09.03-x86_64 (a distibution based on Arch Linux) on it.Then , use Ventoy.sh, then rename Arco.vhd to Arco.vhd.vtoy
You mean I should create the fixed size vhd, install my system and run vtoyboot then rename my vhd file in the end? Sorry,but I don't think it has anything to do with at what point in time I changed the file extension to .vtoy. I actually tested booting in UEFI once before and my VHD file was bootable, but not when I switched to Legacy BIOS. But I will try your method tonight. Thanks for replying anyways.