Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 About system image recovery via ventoy
Ventoy system is are very good software and highly supportive.

I have add the symantec Ghost boot and Trueimage boot disk and OS image to my Ventoy USB flash drive.
I want to recovery the system image to harddisk , but I boot the computer to ghost or trueimage via ventoy USB, 
I can't find my system image in my USB , because the Ventoy system , ISO file and system image is in same partition.

I hope there is a way to use only one USB to execute system recovery via ventoy
When you fresh install Ventoy to your USB disk, you can reserve some space at the end of the USB stick.
After install Ventoy, you can create partition 3/4... on the reserved space, then save your system image file in the new partition.
Then the ISO files and the system image file will in different partition.
Thank you for reply.
it work, but need third party software to format second partition on USB stick(not USB harddisk) and import the file. Windows file browser not accepted second partition on USB stick.
(10-14-2023, 01:56 AM)Darn Wrote: Thank you for reply.
it work, but need third party software to format second partition on USB stick(not USB harddisk) and import the file. Windows file browser not accepted second partition on USB stick.

Yes, for Win7/Win8 and early Win10, only the 1st partition of USB stick can be accessed.
For new Win10 and Win11, all the partitions can be accessed.

Another method is to use some Win10/Win11 PE, and put these WinPE ISO file in Ventoy.
When you want to access the partition, reboot your computer and boot into the WinPE and you can access the partition2/3/4 inside the WinPE.