Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved Unable to mount ventoy partition
Hi,

Ventoy partition on my USB stick can't be mounted by Linux (Mint Cinnamon) despite VENTOY_LINUX_REMOUNT added to my json file.

It has been reported here that VENTOY_LINUX_REMOUNT has to be added too in control_legacy and in control_uefi but that has no effect, regardless boot type, UEFI or legacy.

I noticed too that menu language stays english even when modifying it.

My json file includes a persistence section and that works fine but may be there's something wrong in the control section. Here is my file :

Code:
{
  "control": [
    {
      "VTOY_LINUX_REMOUNT": "1"
    },
    {
      "VTOY_MENU_LANGUAGE": "fr_FR"
    }
  ],
  "control_legacy": [
    {
    },
    {
    }
  ],
  "control_uefi": [
    {
    },
    {
    }
  ],
  "persistence": [
    {
      "image": "/Fichiers ISO/Linux Mint Cinnamon/linuxmint-20.3-cinnamon-64bit.iso",
      "backend": [
        "/Persistence/Linux Mint Cinnamon/persistence_ext4_1GB_casper-rw.dat"
      ]
    }
  ]
}

Thanking you in advance for any suggestion.

FG
I copy the content and write it to ventoy.json file and it take affect in my laptop.
I suggest you to use VentoyPlugson tool to automatically generate the json file. Don't edit the json file manually.
https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_plugson.html
Thank you for your prompt answer.

Quote:I suggest you to use VentoyPlugson tool to automatically generate the json file

That's how I proceeded. I right did it one more time, just to be sure, but remount still doesn't work. May be it depends on distribution. In my case it's Mint Cinnamon.
The remount feature maybe depends on distribution, but the menu language does take affect.
The menu language changed to fr_FR in my laptop.
Please upload your original ventoy.json file here for analyze.
Quote:the menu language does take affect

It should so that's why it might be a syntax problem.

Here is my json file.

Thanks again for your help.
The transfer you requested has been deleted.
Sorry, new link.

It's a simplified file with only the language parameter in the control section but il still doesn't work. Menus stay in English.

I discovered menus translations were located in an other json file. Should I copy this file in the ventoy directory  or ventoy2disk does je job ?

I tested from an other USB stick and also on both my desktop computer and my laptop but without any change. I tried too to use Opera in place of Firefox to generate ventoy.json but even with Opera as default browser, VentoyPlugson.exe launch Firefox.

It's just like the control section were not read.

Running Linux, when trying to mount Ventoy partition using the mount command, it says it has been improperly dismounted.

Still waiting for your suggestions,

Regards
When you boot into Ventoy menu, press
F5 Tools --- Check plugin json configuration (ventoy.json) --- Check global control plugin configuration
and see the  check result.
No surprise, it displays :

Quote:VTOY_MENU_LANGUAGE: fr_FR

press ENTER to exit

And Enter leads to previous menu.