Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Windows 10 Recovery Disk
Hi people.

I'm new to Ventoy and I've decided it's time to create a drive on a 1TB portable HDD using Ventoy so I can install various rescue and recovery ISO's in case I should ever need them.

Windows 10 will only allow me to create a Recovery Disk on a dedicated USB stick.

What I'd like to do is create a bootable ISO file of the USB stick that has the recovery files on it to use it on my new Ventoy Drive.

The only way I can see to do that is using ImgBurn or Magic ISO and copying a third party boot file onto it to make it bootable.

Will that work on Ventoy or does anyone have a better suggestion for the best way to go about this?

Thanks for reading.
I think I might have answered my own question.

After running the Windows 10 Recovery Drive app I found the EFI-Boot folder on the newly created USB stick containing a bootx64.efi file.

I then ran ImgBurn to select the correct drive as my source and then under the Advanced--Bootable Disk tab I could specify the bootx64.efi file to make it bootable.

Once I've finished setting up my Ventoy drive I can test the image in Ventoy and report back it it works OK.
I converted the recovery USB flash drive into a bootable one.